Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    300+ Forum Addict

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mario, try only the standard Airbus that is in FSX. I have found that I can do perfect ILS approaches with that aircraft providing that I follow the advice from PM, and do not use FBW and Delete all gauges and panel from the standard Airbus. On occassions I will get a missed ILS lock, but I suspect, as was the main problem I was having previously, was to do with Simboards.
    Regards................Brian W.

10+ Posting Member

Thanks Brian for the tipp
    Will try ...........

But other than that :

Wish all PM members and all from this Community ,
    Flightsimmers and Treadwatchers

A HAPPY CHRISTMAS and a nice and successful NEW JEAR 2008

regards
    Mario Görs

FSX + PM glideslope issues

Hiya,

Was there a solution to the glideslope capturing problem at all?

I ask as I am flying with PM and am having problems with glideslope capture.

When the plane passes through the glideslope and catures it (displayed on the PM PFD) the plane pitches upwards (very bizzare) and then tracks a glideslope 1000ft above the real one resulting in a landing (or more impact to be fair) at the end of the runway.

This problem seems to crop up more often than not, it seems it doesn't always do this though (even on the same ILS) which makes little or no sense to me.

One thing I did notice in the main panel (before I removed it as directed) was that the vert speed displayed was jumping from say -500 ft to +500 ft every so often. No idea why this is either but I'm pretty sure a lot of the passengers were reaching for their sick bags.

I have removed all the Main panel displays from the cfg file and have added a FiddleMachForPM entry in the FSUIPC ini file as was mentioned for a MCP fix.

The plane I'm flying is the boeing 737 default.

Any help would be much appreciated

Airbus

Yup I have had the same problem with Airbus FCU for a long time on ILS so i finally just gave up and hand flew it into landings everytime cause when I depend on the AP to handle the ILS it doesnt track properly all te time and it sucks after a 9 hr flight to crash or blow the approach on Vatsim. So I understand you guys prob I agree cause i have same probs in 2004 and FSX but more in FSX. Im just waiting till I can afford AST I guess.

Tim
    A340
    CAnada

Tim
    So, who really knows the status of PM updates?

Last RJ update was eight months ago.

Does anyone really know what is happening or not happening at PM?

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Yes, there's several folks waiting for an update to the software, and I too am hoping for an update to the RJ software as well...
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

Quote Originally Posted by Mart77 View Post

I ask as I am flying with PM and am having problems with glideslope capture.

When the plane passes through the glideslope and catures it (displayed on the PM PFD) the plane pitches upwards (very bizzare) and then tracks a glideslope 1000ft above the real one resulting in a landing (or more impact to be fair) at the end of the runway.

This problem seems to crop up more often than not, it seems it doesn't always do this though (even on the same ILS) which makes little or no sense to me.
    Same issue with FSX & Boeing's. Some ILS's work fine and some send you up on a steep climb before trying to recover, but it never does recover, so a manual steep dive is needed to salvage the landing.

Some approaches though always seem to work properly, so as you say, it does not make any sense and it has to be an FSX issue and not an MCP issue since my MCP worked perfectly with FS9.

Maurice

Unhappy Further to FSX/PM glideslope capture

I'd just like to add to this that I've tried multiple aircrafts (even some taken from FS9), I've tried it with panels displayed and without.

I've tried multiple ILS's for different airports.

I've tried multiple versions of PM.

I don't believe it's a FSX bug in itself as FSX's AP (without PM running) flies pretty darn well.

With some more looking into it, on capture of the glideslope (sometimes) a vert speed of +2500 is requested rather than the normal -400. I'd again like to stress this isn't every time. Some days it will fail more often than not and other days it'll work mostly. Without changing anything (just re-load a flight before glideslope capture) by re-running the same approach sometimes it captures and descends and sometimes it climbs.

Some sort of response past remove gauges and add the mach fix into the FSUIPC ini file would be great.

Alternatively is there a way of telling magenta not to touch approach and vorloc and let flight sim do it?

Regards,

Martin

10+ Posting Member

Hi

I had the same issue, nose up at GS intercept. But I noticed that the trim value was actually jumping up with a large number. I changed to trim setting on the type file, and it looks like it works fine now.

TrimMin=2.1
    TrimMax=8.75
    TrimScaleMax=20
    TrimScaleMin=-20

RG

Thanks for that RG,

I'll give that a go today. I did post a message to PM on their support address and got this reply:-

Hi

Yes, we know about it. It is a problem with FSX only but it is difficult to reproduce, sometimes it happens sometimes not. The problem is not there in FS2004 and limited to FSX / perhaps to do with MS simconnect. At this stage it is known, but out of our hands re a solution I think.

Regards

Jonathan Richardson

I'll keep looking into the problem, with pete dowsons help, and see if we can come up with something. Maybe it's a problem in FSX similar to the one needing the "FiddleMachForPm". Fingers crossed

Regards,

Martin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast