Thread: TH2GO setup

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

TH2GO setup

I hope some of our more computer literate friends can help me:

I have the matrox card on my main FSX PC for some time, with no problems, but yesterday started the pc, whilst doing some other things, and was surprised to return to discover no image.
    I thought maybe that I hadnt turned on the PC (OKI, with 2 similar buttons), so I restarted. - still no image.

I then checked the video cable, and found that it was half out( bad maintenance and cat interference!).
    I replaced the cable, but only the centre projector came on, showing part of the screensaver - looks like the centre screen, but on a low resolution, as I cannot move the mouse right off screen, but I can move the the non visible left screen.

I unplugged the TH2Go and replaced with a normal monitor, but same event, changed to the DVI output, but with the same result.

I have tried "fishing" the screen properties window from the invisible left screen, but only succeeded in finding an install FSUIPC icon, whic at least proved my theory.

Question, how can I force the pc to recognize the single screen, or change resolution, so I can reset everything, if I cant see the settings?

Yours desperately,
    Paul

Project ERJ 145
    www.erj145sim.net

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

In the video properties for the card and Windows, does it say "Single Monitor"? And if there are more then one output on the card try hooking a monitor to the second output. Last ditch effort is to uninstall the video card and reinstall it.... Good luck!
    Bob Reed

Paul

Restart your computer in SAFE mode. Assuming that you don't have a hardware problem with your VGA card, this should force Windows to use the basic VGA driver. If this doesn't work, then I suspect your video card is fried.

Regards,
    Henry

Angry Solved!

Thanks guys,

Using the "Big Hammer" method described, I started in safe mode, deleted the Nvidia 7900 GTX drivers, restarted in low res mode, re installed the latest versions of the drivers, restarted, messed about with the Matrox, FSX and screen properties settings - and Hey Presto!, I'm back where I was 4 days ago!

Only trouble is, I've forgotten which bit of my untuned sim I wanted to tune

Isn't this great hobby?

A few years back, in my previous marriage, we had 10,000 sq ft of allotment (Vegetable/fruit garden) at the back of the house - at least with that, you could see progress, and you only got back ache at the end of a long afternoons work - and you could see the bugs, and ZAP them!

But with this! - You don't get to eat the crop, you can't see the bugs, and you get a lot of headaches, but I guess, its that moment when the ground drops away as you raise the gear, or the coastline of Portugal appears as you approach Lisbon...

Anyway, if I wasn't messing about downstairs, what else would I be doing?

Damned cats - at least with the garden, I knew where they had pxxxed!
    Paul

Project ERJ 145
    www.erj145sim.net