Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Seperation of sounds for FS9

Okay, I wanted to see what others have done to seperate sounds for FS9.

Currently, I have the FS server playing the engine, atc, wind, weather and I have one of the two clients playing PM Sounds' TCAS, GPWS, Avionics.

Im guessing there's not a way to have FS play only Engine sounds from rear-placed speakers and the front ones playing the weather/wind and ATC?

I know that it's been discussed before about running the rear engine speakers thru an EQ to add a different frequency/tone to those speakers to enhance the engine sounds, but I was wondering if anyone had done anything different?
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

500+ This must be a daytime job JBaymore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlin View Post
    Im guessing there's not a way to have FS play only Engine sounds from rear-placed speakers and the front ones playing the weather/wind and ATC?
    Man what I wouldn't give to have them add that to FSXI! I was HOPING that FSX would have those kinds of abilities (assign sound to a channel)... but alas.

My setup has fs2004 running with all the normal stuff on it. I have the Goflight ATC module to split out the ATC sounds to headphones when I am not flying online. Works OK. Online, Teamspeak is on another machine that routes the comms sounds to the headphones.

I have PM sounds on three machines....each one doing something a tad different and from a different auditory location. Copilot callouts from my right side, etc.

I would THINK that it SHOULD be possible to program an external gauge via the engine parameters available through FSUIPC to create a "sound gauge" that would emulate all the engine sounds so that you could locate them in the rear driven by a separate computer from the sim itself. I am actually surprised that no one has DONE that yet. (Project anyone? )

best,

....................john

best,

....................john

One Way

Check out esounds, I think it is on the PM website, I heard of someone using it to do what you describe.

Tim
    Ok, for those who might have missed it. Separate sound issue is fixed in FSX according to this post:

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10631

Actually I'l save you a step. Check here: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=230&t=64683

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ak49er View Post
    Check out esounds, I think it is on the PM website, I heard of someone using it to do what you describe.

Cant find any reference to this- any more info?
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

Tim
    Eric,

The esound program is on Pete Dowson's page not the PM page. Shows version 2.572.

Another option would be to run 2 copies of FS, via Wideview. The sound settings of one copy could then play only engines (with relevent sound output playing only these), and the other PC / FS copy could have sound settings for the other sound sources.

Bit fiddly though...

I have PMsounds doing what Eric suggested and going through a 2.1 system that has a pretty smooth top end, and I roll off most of the Bass.

I then have FS sounds (primarily engine but also some wind sound) going through another 2.1 system with the bass turned quite high on the woofer.

Gives really good results but I agree the potential to slit FS sounds would be fab!
    David R
    Durham, England

1979 Mooney M20J Cockpit builder ......

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi,

I too have a question re sounds. I use the Go Flight ATC unit but have not been able to split out just the ATC sounds. When connected with a headset, it's all the sounds or nothing. Anyone have any ideas as to how to set up this module to get the ATC sounds through the headset and the other engine etc sounds through speakers?

Mant Thanks

Rob

Split Sound!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by David Rogers View Post
    Another option would be to run 2 copies of FS, via Wideview. The sound settings of one copy could then play only engines (with relevent sound output playing only these), and the other PC / FS copy could have sound settings for the other sound sources.

Bit fiddly though...

I have PMsounds doing what Eric suggested and going through a 2.1 system that has a pretty smooth top end, and I roll off most of the Bass.

I then have FS sounds (primarily engine but also some wind sound) going through another 2.1 system with the bass turned quite high on the woofer.

Gives really good results but I agree the potential to slit FS sounds would be fab!

Use an extra amplifier. Take the feed from your sound card and split the signal in two directions - one to the normal PC amplifier and on to your cockpit speakers, and one to the input of a more powerful amp with the bass up and top frequences down. You will need to equalise at the split point using capacitor/resistance so as not to send all the signal to just one amp or the other. I feed the second amp to 12" speakers fitted under my seats. The effect is amazing.

TONY

Thumbs up

Rob, the secret to your problem is a secret, especially from Goflight, sorry chaps to be negative about your products, but because this one is so old, you appear to have forgotten that people are still using it?

To let you know what you must do: The ATC unit works OK, but the main sound volume from your PC/sound card must be turned down to a level that the "so called" squelch pot will work sucessfully, then the sound is muted except for the the ATC, but is rather "tinny" and sometimes distorted.

I have managed to re-boost my cockpit sounds by routing the sound through a 5.1 surround sound amplifier after the ATC unit.

Hope this helps you?

Daveanne

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast