Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Administrator

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Trevor

Sorry so long in replying. I noticed your reply to the A300 shell and reminded me I didn't respond.

I have been a Ham for more than 30 years. I have operated all over. Spent some time in Guam, my call there was KG6JIL back in the mid 70's. Had a wonderful time there. Mostly CW operating. Worked a lot of Japan, Australia and New Zealand. One of the best places to work. A few great days of band openings I worked Europe from my work. Took the radio in while on 12 our duty and the band was hot on 10 and 15. Lots of fun.

In 1980-1983 I was G5DRM at Newbury, England. Berkshire. I used to work my friend from my home town Veedersburg, Indiana every Sunday. One Sunday I got a knock on the door and it was the British version of the FCC. Scared me to death. He had a complaint about TVI and wanted to setup a schedule to test out my equipment. Passed that, the TV owner had problems with his antenna connection which was allowing RF in. Was sure I was off the jail. Was very nervous after that, but still had fun.

In the late 80's and early 90's I operated in Cold Lake Canada for about 6 weeks during Maple Flag. Had a great time. When I first arrived I met someone on 2 meters and was chatting about where I was staying. Soon a knock on the door and one of the local hams who was listening handed me the key to the radio room on the base. Said use it as long as I was in the area. What trust he had, never met me before. Was treated like royalty there. Had a wonderful time. Even got a chance to go to one of the monthly club meetings. Great place, however I never wanted to have engine failure there. The trees are so dense you may never be found. I know why they painted there rescue helicopters yellow with wide skiis.
    On my web page is the picture in what we flew there. Two day trip from Whiteman AFB, Missouri. USAF helicopters now gone from there with the job. Now it's the home of the B-2. UFO's anyone?

I miss flying in the HH-1H, time to fire up MSFS and do a little JetRanger time. Still in the back of my mind to build the simulator.

73's

MyCockpit Support Staff

A320 Pilot In Command

Trevor, I received PIC A320 and it was a real disappointment. I didn't realise it was on old product, we can download freeware better than that. PMDG leaves it for dead. I blew my dollars, I'll have to do better research in future!
    FOR SALE, A320 PIC going cheap!
    Captain Gwyn

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

ROFL....

Sorry, I saw your post, but it was too late to say anything... I am curently running the PSS A330, but It uses no UIPC Functions, so I have no choice but to save up some $$ for PM.

Just wish the CDN Dollar was as strong as the Euro. It would be easier convincing my wife to let me spend 350 then 700 LOL

Trev

MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar

From my point of view guys I´ll recommend PSS A320 but run it on FS2002 it helped me learn how to work with the MCDU and the Dynamics are quite close!! Still lots of bugs and not many systems but it feels very similar to the real thing.

Regards,

Roberto

MyCockpit Support Staff

Airbus

I'm too far into my build as a Boeing and PMDG is so sweet. Part of my overhead at the rear is a cordless keyboard so there will be plenty of cheats at hand to get it going a bit quicker. I'm aiming at next Christmas for the kick the tyres light the fires. I logged 0.5hrs sitting in it cold and dark yesterday, the missus doesn't get it!

Captain Gwyn

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

They don't do they.....

Although mine has supported me 110% and then some. I consider that fortunate and lucky....

My better half has told me (although I don't beleive it) that 95% of the time that i am engulfed in the sim, I don't hear, see, or notice anything else. Now while I am in this zone, my senses are keen to anything abnormal, including noise and movement. So the fix for here is to behave abnormally, and she will get attention. (PS, I hope she doesn't see this) Actually, she has been most supportive of my project. I just have to compensate equally, in her preference of Diamonds.
    Rodney -
    Real 727-200 pit
    Last Flown as N392PA
    FS9

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

LOL,

As some of you might know, I am selling my house and moving to Northern Ontario, Thus selling my house in the city there will be a little extra coin in my pocket when the deal is done, So I suggested to My Mrs's I know you have been supportive, do you think I could splurge when we move. She aggreed up until I told her I wanted to spend 5,000 on simulator stuff.... All I remember was a comment having something to do with a$$, and geek... Not in any particular order... Then the hurtful comment "The next time I want to hear you mention Supportive, will be talking to a lawyer talking about your mothly payments"

Needless to say, I will recommend to all, as long as you tell your wife "I got all this for a hundred bucks" they are extremely supportive. I will use this line now no matter how much I spend...

ROFL.

Best,

Trev

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

OK, this is getting good. I love this

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Wife

Well my wife is a gem about all this too. I live in a small 900sq foot apartment where my sim and work space is in the dinning room / kitchen. When you walk in to the house the first thing you see is the pit... Be it cleaned up or not!! How often is yours cleaned up? And as far as cost... Honest honey.. I got all this for $25.00!!!! Hmmm Maybe we need a support group for liers......?????

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast