Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Post MyCockpit.org Streaming Videos

Just recently our Server Administrator upgraded our Server to be able to do Streaming Videos. With that in mind, we've kicked around some ideas.

One idea in particular, is to invite our fellow builders to make a video of their project. Presentation style (perhaps), explaining how the project came together and how it was build, showing the different components.

My thought was a 3 to 4 minute video, we have to keep in mind this can eat up our Band Width real fast if we're not careful. We'll present a single feature video a month and depending how well it goes, we'll have a collection of different projects available for everyone to view.

This would be a NON-VENDOR participant video only.

I would like your input regarding to this idea, either here or privately to my PM @ MattO

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

I think this is very good because a picture is worth a thousand words, but a video is worth a Million.

This could really answer some good questions rather easily (and likely stir up even more questions) about how a particular project was done, or more specifically, how certain issues were encountered and dealt with.

I remember back just a few months ago (and this still happens now when I forget to put the 'thinking cap' on) how I would plan this, or plan that, and would have it all figured out.

Then you go from being a planner to a builder, and you see how all your plans can change once you over look the fact that one small item is just a millimeter too big, and it wont fit where it's supposed to, and you have to go back to the 'figuring' table and devise a clever work-around.

Great idea Matt and team, let's do it. It can really help everyone all around.
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

Superb idea Matt. I think it would be good to leave the presentation format and style wide open. This would give good variation but also may suit some who, for example, don't want to talk, and would rather record a montage style video of their project. I'd personally like to hear from builders, how they approached their build, overcame obstacles, etc, (and that's how I'd prsent my video), but I guess some people could be shy. Hope this makes sense!

Great idea. I'm hoping Santa or my wife will bring me a new DVD Camcorder this year, so I'll be up for it in January!.
    David R
    Durham, England

1979 Mooney M20J Cockpit builder ......

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Matt, do you mean that only 1 video would be available to watch a month, or one as the featured vid per month?
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

Thumbs up

1. It should be downloadable so that watching it over and over again do not eat up the bandwidth.

2. They should be copyrighted to the video maker / builder and have the usual legal disclaimer screen up front.

3. They should be 10 minutes or less assuming point #1 or 5 minutes or less if not #1.

4. You should host a very small archive only and remove older vids to preserve bandwidth.

5. You could always get a YouTube account and embed the videos here on an archive page. (Probably the best option, especially since YouTube is free.)
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlin View Post
    Matt, do you mean that only 1 video would be available to watch a month, or one as the featured vid per month?
    Feature a new video a month, and add to a collection of videos. Eventually being able to view what ever that has been presented in the past. In short you can watch more then one.

Andy, EXCELLENT suggestions!!!!

Sounds a really good idea, I love watching the vids that some members already have up. While it would be great to have featured vids as you describe, I would also suggest we as a site make a 'intro' video using extracts from the various featured vids.

I often take people from work to this site to show them in pictures just how far you can go with this hobby. It would be great to have a video presentation of a few cockpits in action to show them, and also good for the first timer looking to see what is out there.

FSX | Piper Warrior | GoFlight

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Yeah - fantastic.

who would have thought it. IFSBI TUBE!

seriously sounds very good!

one quick question you mean one new video a month so the previous months video would be removed and you cannot watch passed videos if you miss them etc.

regards,

Geremy

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 737 Gez View Post
    Yeah - fantastic.

who would have thought it. IFSBI TUBE!

seriously sounds very good!

one quick question you mean one new video a month so the previous months video would be removed and you cannot watch passed videos if you miss them etc.

regards,

Geremy
    We will have to give this part a little thought.. I would think we would not delete all of the older ones.. Maybe keep a couple months? We will have to talk about it...
    Bob Reed

It's going to be touch and go, I would love to see it as a MyCockpit TUBE. Really depends on the how much we're hit with the Bandwidth, we certainly have enough disk space.

I'm somewhat excited about this, I love to see the videos Right now our busiest spot is the Photo Gallery, so we know, EVERYBODY loves pics. The video should be a hit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast