Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FSUIPC Does Not Recognize Axis

Greetings all. First off thank-you very much to Peter Dowson for this powerful tool he has created. Tonight, I decided to use Peter Dowsons FS Module to it's fuller potential, assigning joystick functions, axis, buttons, etc. After reading through the manual, and attempting what I am about to describe with V3.7, I went to his support forum, performed a search and updated to V3.75. I was successful with assigning all buttons, switches, and axis save for the "dial" axis, (thumbwheel designated dial by the Windows calibration screen). I wanted to use it for elevator trim. I am using a Saitek X45. The functions have all worked before, while using the FS Controls, and while simply using the FSUIPC Joystick Calibration. The joystick is disabled, it has been calibrated through the control panel and I have read the updated manual. the one anomlay is this, after the initial observance of the axis not registering in the Axis Assignments page, I went around the different menus to disable any "conflict" I noticed that some values were "stuck" in the values window of the Joystick Calibration screen, "Elevator Trim". After pressing the "Reset" button, the values remained, and after pressing the same button, now showing "Set", the values did not change. I have shut down the program several times. Any suggestions Captains?

Ttt

Buhler....Buhler.....anyone, Buhler...

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

This sounds very strange indeed. The only thing I can think of is that Windows doesn't see those joystick axis anymore. can you see them move in control panel when you adjust them in the calibration screen?

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

I've had FSUIPC loose axis assignments in the past. Windows and FS will see the axis, but FSUIPC just doesn't see it. Usually a re-start solves the trouble.

I went three weeks one time with no #1 throttle. Flap assignment for the gate stops have been lost as well.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

More

Trevor:
    Yes, as stated windows recognizes the axis as "dial" and shows that it is calibrated, I choose "apply" when exiting screen. It worked before with joystick enabled, and in the FSUIPC Joystick calibration screen. The values "froze" for both V3.7 and V3.75 in the Joystcick Calibration, Elevator trim axis, and will not clear now. Tonight I may try reactivating joystick, then resetting/clearing elevator trim axis as it may just be a simple "hang-up". Or maybe Peter will chime in when available. Thanks Michal, Trevor.

A Response From the Man Himself!

I thought I would share this with all. And thanks again Peter.

From Peter Dowson, Flightsim.com/Forums;

"It is probably not one of the 6 axes (X Y Z R U V) supported by the Windows Joystick API which FSUIPC3 uses. I have changed over to using DirectInput for the axes in FSUIPC4 (for FSX), but this is not something I can really undertake for FSUIPC3. With DirectInput you get two more axes, so possibly this dial might be one of those. I'm sorry, but it might be the only way is to assign them in FS. You can still calibrate in FSUIPC if you want.

Was there any particular reason you were doing assignments in FSUIPC itself? It was really added as a facility for those who needed different axis assignments for different aircraft, such as helicopter controls for helicopters, yoke control for Boeings and GA, joystick control for Airbus and military. That's the main benefit, as FSUIPC's assignments can be aircraft-specific.

Regards

Pete"

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Okay, some tips possibly?

Hi guys

Okay, for now I have disconnected the 2nd CH Yoke (USB) and all is well again- no more spikes and the jet flies as smooth as silk.

I had gotten CLOSE but I still had spikes (even after checking the Eliminate Spikes box in FSUIPC) and it would cause the elevator to jump to full up and the aircraft to climb.

I know that there are a few people here that have connected two CH yokes successfully, so I would appreciate any help if anyone could share please, as I have this event coming up in two days. If it helps, the 2nd yoke that was recently added, although it physically sticks more than my original yoke, seems to behaive much better when dual connected along side the original yoke. If I unplug it, the original yoke is again great.
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org