Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I don't see why that wouldn't work. In fact it's a very good idea.

I was thinking last night that since I can't move the monitor, why not move the gauges?

It's not my first choice for a fix, and I am going to try my other solution first before hacking up my panel, but it would be entirely possible to move both the ADI and the HSI down an inch on the MIP.

It requires cutting the divider between both instruments and re-assembling it lower, and cutting the HSI hole down an inch, and then filling the top of the ADI hole.

This isn't my first choice, but it is a real possibility.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

The aircraft panels I have (original) from the CV580 have a row of korries down the center, next to the Chelton screen.

I was thinking about using Fspanel studio to build mouse click Korries that closely resemble the real ones. Then cutting the square holes in the panel ,over the mouse click FS korries.
    Then maybe just a clear plastic square with some felt or something around the bottom edge ,inset in the panel. When pressed the felt will push gently on the touchscreen. This would be a simple way to activate the Fs gauge korries and on top of that,, no wiring would be needed to light the korry up !

Am I talking though my hat ?? Or do you think that would work ?

Another thing I was wondering about is ,, where to get a 19" touchscreen monitor?? if there is such a thing,, they would probably be terribly expensive ?
    So,, I was wondering if anybody has used those touchscreen kits for 19" monitors. I noticed they are a screen overlayed on the lcd.
    Would this cause any noticable blurring or anything that would reduce the lcd picture quality ?
    I would also like to know exactly how thick the addon screen is ? Would the Gauges then look too far back behind the panel ?

I have one of those small 8" touchscreens and have some experience with them. There is a website called Touch-Buddy that has an great forum on anything to do with touchscreens. They also have freeware software that allows you to build your own touchscreen software that would be great for instructor stations etc as well as community members submitted Fs profiles.

Here is a link. http://www.touch-buddy.com/forums/index.php

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12