2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Five down, four to go...

Built the airspeed bezel yesterday. I had to cut my own acrylic for the glass as McMaster-Carr does't sell anything except in full inches for acrylic disks.

The raised ring for the airspeed bugs is a piece of 14 ga. insulated solid core wire, and the knob is from a very old, no longer used TASCAM mixer.

The hole to the lower left will be filled since I stll haven't found out what would have been installed there in a 727. The hole underneath is for the RMI.

Still have the RMI, radar altimeter, vertical speed, and accesory bezel to complete on the main panel.

Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

500+ This must be a daytime job 737NUT's Avatar

Looks good!

That hole was probably used to mount a long standoff for a harness strap. My old 737pnl had a few of them.

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

It is definatly coming on very well - it gets better every day

Cant wait to see the end result!

Quote Originally Posted by 737NUT View Post
    Looks good!

That hole was probably used to mount a long standoff for a harness strap. My old 737pnl had a few of them.
    That's as good of a guess as any. It's possible, there is so much wiring back there. I'm just gonna fill it like is was never there to begin with.

Working on the radar altimeter bezel now. Sorry about the crappy phot. I really need to buy a few rolls of folm for my A1.
    Boeing Skunk Works

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

Michael
    As we all well know, there were many many MIP variations for the 727, however my guess is that that:
    1. lower left hole is really where your clock should be. I've also seen the old, round, 3" TAT gauge or a old, round 3" radar altimeter gauge there, but you already have the more modern strip type. I've seen the clock in that same slot in many pictures on airliners.net. especially recently so if you haven't gone there lately go to airliners.net and do a search under "727 flightdecks".
    2. Your clock and altimeter alert gauge are presently occupying the slot where more commonly a Standby Altimeter, and/or a Standby ADI, and /or a Rudder-Elevator indicator would go. I've seen the Altimeter Alert Gauge more commonly located to the left or right of the weather radar embedded on a plate (just above your keyboard), or embedded to either edge of the fire handle panel itself, or embedded somewhere else on the engine center panel where both pilots can have access to it.
    3. The hole to the far right (or to the right of your VSI) was probably used for a third stand bye instrument or a electronic (digital)version of the VSI with TCAS combined.

Again these are just guesses, but the fact of the matter is that: Just as the many airlines of the world enjoyed there right to choose there MIP variation, SO CAN YOU!!!
    I DID!!!

GOOD LUCK
    Joe Maldonado
    PROJECT 727
    www.xsn.net/project727
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's what is nice about having over 3,000 models built.

I can't get my clock in the hole it's supposed to be in now that the monitor is back there, but the altitude alert is going to be moved...somewhere. In that hole under the clock, the flight control surface position indicator gauge will be installed.

I'm going to build a non-working replica of the gauge, but I'm going to include lights for the yaw damper on/off indicators.

Radar altimeter bezel is finished. The monitor has almost disappeared behind the instrument panel. After I build the accesory bezel on the lower right, it should just about disappear all together. I hope.

Boeing Skunk Works