Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Unhappy PM Autothrottle ????????

Hi Folks......Pls, i need your help!
    It happens to me jesterday and i tried it several times and it happens again and again.
    I have some problems with my autothrottle.
    That s the fact: Decent to my destination airport, speed around 270, i switch on the MCP the speed button and reduce the speed to 250. So far so good!

I can see that N1 decreeases to around 40% but suddenly it rises again and the AC accelerates...!!!!

Then i set the speed to 200 and N1 shortly recovers but then rises again....???

Ok, what have i done next: i switched off the AT ........ok fine.
    Decending again i used the FLCH button and look what happens next: N1 was increasing again!!! But without AT switched on!!!!?????

Cool stuff, maybe it some kind of speed protection??? hahahahaha

Well i have tried this many times and always the same result. I run the latest Wideview and FSUIPC 4.12. as well as the latest built from PM. And i tried to used different settings in the MCP.cfg. But maybe i didnt see something.

So, please, can u give me some help on that case??? Has somebody the same problem?

Thanks anyways....i appreciate every statement

Klaus
    B737-700NG Fixed Base Simulator

- www.projectboeing.com -

150+ Forum Groupie

Yep,

I have the same problem!
    When switching off the Autothrottle in APP Mode it seems that the SIM thinks the trustlevers are set to full and the engines power up until you move the levers back and forward ...

I always switch off the AT before the final app, otherwise it is impossible to land with the NG. (no chance to get the speed back on final)

Hope with next release some bugs are fixed ..

Best regards
    Jan
    Visit my project on Facebook and become a fan www.facebook.de/homecockpit

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by ktroemer View Post
    That s the fact: Decent to my destination airport, speed around 270, i switch on the MCP the speed button and reduce the speed to 250. So far so good!
    Well i have tried this many times and always the same result. I run the latest Wideview and FSUIPC 4.12. as well as the latest built from PM. And i tried to used different settings in the MCP.cfg. But maybe i didnt see something.
    Did you by any chance have the MCP flying in Mach mode before descent?

There is a serious bug in the PM MCP, which I reported a while back, and which only affects FSX because of the odd way FS9 and before work. When the PM MCP sets the IAS for the A/P it also sets the Mach value.

This would be okay, except for three things:

1. The Mach value it sets after cruise is ALWAYS the last one it set in cruise, not a correct one related to the IAS and altitude/temperature/pressure.

2. The Mach is written after the IAS

3. In FS9 and before, the Mach setting did not affect the IAS setting nor vice versa until and unless you switched IAS/Mach modes. However, in FSX the last-written value applies and is converted to the equivalent IAS/Mach no matter which mode you are in!

Since it didn't look like a solution was forthcoming from PM for some time (I don't think they are terribly interested in FSX just yet, which isn't all that surprising probably), I added a special feature to FSUIPC4 to discard any MACH writes whilst in IAS mode

Before I tell you what it is, though, please note that your version 4.12 is well out of date. The current version is 4.16 and 4.20 is due next week!

When you have updated your FSUIPC, add this line to the [General] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file:

FiddleMachForPM=Yes

This is not documented as I don't want it to be a permanent feature. I am hoping and expecting that, when (if?) PM development resumes (?) this will be fixed. It must be easy enough to fix so I don't know why it shouldn't be!

Regards

Pete

Thats cool...i will try to do that. I remember reading yout thread now. I wanted to update FSUIPC to 4.16 but always when i do that i loose the "Add On" tab within FSX.
    I read the documentation about that problem and it recommended to change the firewall or antivirus. But i dont have any running...!!!
    But thanks anyways....will try to have that problem fixed...

Klaus

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by ktroemer View Post
    I wanted to update FSUIPC to 4.16 but always when i do that i loose the "Add On" tab within FSX.
    How do you manage to do that? Either your SimConnect installation is okay and working, or it isn't. most certainly all installing an updated FSUIPC4 does is precisely that, replaces the DLL, and your documentation, in the Modules folder.

Show me the Install and FSUIPC Log files next time, if there is one (which I don't believe -- something else must have been changed at the same time).

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dowson View Post
    How do you manage to do that? Either your SimConnect installation is okay and working, or it isn't. most certainly all installing an updated FSUIPC4 does is precisely that, replaces the DLL, and your documentation, in the Modules folder.

Show me the Install and FSUIPC Log files next time, if there is one (which I don't believe -- something else must have been changed at the same time).

Pete
    Hi Peter!

Thank you for jumping into my thread. To update to version 4.16 i tried two ways: I executed toe file and as it was not working i delete the Modules folder and did everything again with 4.16. but no success. Version 4.12 was working fine then.

I tried gain now to install 4.16 but it didnt work. But i have the log files.
    maybe you can take a look at them

Thank you anyways, very nice

Klaus
    Attached Files Attached Files