Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Yep, now i'm on my way..

Hello, now it's time to introduce myself here. Been a member for maybe 6 monts. and now the fun are about to start.. or maybe not?

Well, I just have started to build the MIP as you can see below.
    The main panesl are made by Symulatory. It looks great i think, have some minor construction things i'm not so happy about, but aslo some things i really like, how to do backlighting, for example.

Also i have EFIS panels, glarewings (have to be modifyed a bit tp make it look like a real onel).

Overhead panel with hardware, TQ and pedestall panels are ordered from cockpitsonic.de.. about to be shipped from Germany.

SYS cards.. I have SYS 1 and 3 from FDS, and MCP from FDS as well
    And one CDU, fmade by Engravity.

So, as you can guess, I have lot of things to do the next few months.. or years is maybe the right word to use

The only thing i don't have.. or not sure about what to choose yet, is interface cards for pedestall, efis and some overhead things. I think i go for Flightdecktechnology cards, or maybe use opencockpits.. maybe you out here have some ideas about what to choose?

Also, i'm about to order 3 prjoectors, i will go for TH2go setup. and not to forget, PM and after overhead.. but that will not be ordered before next year I think, i will go for either cockpitsonic or engravity..

I will post more pictures later as the project goes on, and also i will create a new website in a couple of weeks.. only need some more time.

Svein K, ENKB

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Hey Svein, welcome... I think you know this but life as you know it will never be the same! Pics look great! Keep us up to date on what you are doing. I look forward to seeing more of your pics as time goes on.
    Bob Reed

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Welcome to the site Svein. It looks like you have a very nice start there.

Question for anyone: Does everyone build the 737 MIP support structure in this fashion? I've seen this design numerous times for this sim. Are there plans out there, or is this just the logical way everyone builds this?
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

300+ Forum Addict

Welcome Svein You sure have a flying start with almost all components for your sim ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing Skunk Works View Post
    Welcome to the site Svein. It looks like you have a very nice start there.

Question for anyone: Does everyone build the 737 MIP support structure in this fashion? I've seen this design numerous times for this sim. Are there plans out there, or is this just the logical way everyone builds this?
    I think this is the most logical way to make the support structure, not so many alternatives really. There are some plans out there which in my opinion give an rough overwiew of the setup. I choose to modify me structure a little and Svein do the same here.

By the way, Svein is a personal friend of mine and it is only 45 minutes driving between us, so we know very well how to drink coffee

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

I wish that I had seen this photo before I built my MIP Stand, as I am now building a 'super structure' on top of the monitor supports that will extend and allow the glare shield to be supported but if I had built it the way shown, it would have been a bit simpler in construction in the longrun, but either way, my MIP stand has turned out excellent in its own way. I spend litterally HOURS in AutoCAD anazlyzing different LCD monitors off of the internet by scaling them up to scale in respect to the 1:1 MIP drawings. When the monitors arrived and I got started on the actual building, I was amazed how well it all fell together, thanks in large part to NewEgg having a great picture of the product and fairly accurate dimensions. That allowed me to make a sound purchase decision, and again, once arrived I adjusted to the slight differences and was able to use the monitors perfectly.

A bit off topic, but I guess that even though it's for a Learjet, the design is fairly the way to do it for many aircraft I'd say. http://www.flightlevel180.org/3.html shows several pictures of what I am talking about, lower down.
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

I built the one for my 737 by looking at the plans (they are in the download area here) and modifying them to what I wanted. Eric, there are very plain pictures of mine in my gallery, built like this one and have been there for long before you started building. Anyway to answer the question to BSW... Yes there are plans.
    Bob Reed