Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Most people are not programmers and those of us that are or can do programming may not have the time.
    Myself, I'd love to help, but the real world has 95% of my attention right now and I'm not sure when I'll have time to help out as much as I'd love to.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

25+ Posting Member

Real world

Fair enough.

Rest assured that I also live in the real world. I work 10+ hours a day at my "real job", I just finished getting married, and I have to finish developing my basement at some point before my new wife divorces me

With that said, I love flight sims like the rest of you and can find a few hours a week to devote to making it that much more believable. This is a hobby after all.

Dutchboy

Cool

Just to give you an idea,
    I work at least 5 days a week.
    I am a volunteer at church for numerous events and I teach a guitar class 2-3 nights a week.

My sim is in storage and that is the biggest reason I dont get more involved, I simply dont have the hardware handy to work with. If all the members here send me $100 each, I could buy myself a house and move my sim back home. Any donations?

25+ Posting Member

House

Let's all give Andy some money so he can buy a house and we can all move in and make a big A380 sim with 20 or so seats.

Dutchboy

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Dutchboy just thought i'd drop you a line to say i very much appreciated your releasing your code, i have no ulterior motive other than wanting to get jump start into writing my own motion control software, i was not at this stage able to get to grips with c# in a comfortable manner, which would have allowed me to Chip in and help with the development ( c# is great and has lots going for it but scary for a complete novice ). I have since tried Jims Base Code in VB and found i was able to use my basic programming knowledge ( and i mean basic not BASIC )LOL to start to see how i could achive my goal of programming VB for my Platform. Sorry i could not provide the feedback you needed but i learnt a Bucket load from your code and it wont be abused. i will eventually get back to C# but at this stage VB seemed the easier option for me to get my platform moving again. There are many out there that just need the kick start you guys provide to get their projects going and i'd like to think soon you guys will get the feedback and credit you deserve for giving us the start we needed so guys just to say thanks for the great ideas and the direction leads without you internet or no internet our projects would not see the light of day . Cheers and Big Up thanks for the the work you have made available to the sincere masses.. PS by all means protect your work ,i have only just started messing about with code and alread the little lady wants my head on a plate so im learning that it takes serious commitment and s Sh@t load of time to do what you guys have done LOL without this Great forum i would still be desk bound ( Not a bad thing But with motion i have seen the light)
    Last edited by wannabeaflyer; 11-08-2007 at 09:13 AM.

25+ Posting Member

Thanks

Thanks Wannabeaflyer. I know that you have asked questions and have made quite a bit of movement on the code yourself.

I think I was just kranky yesterday when I posted because I haven't been able to make as much progress on my platform myself. I have the final design down, and I have decided to build a dual seat general aviation platform. I will be making cockpit dash plates for the Cessna 172 G1000 and most likely something a little bigger like the the Beechcraft Baron 58 at a later time.

As far as the software goes, I'm at a point where I need to have my platform built so I can test out the feel of the movement. Testing on my miniature prototypes can only go so far.

Thanks again for the support, and I hope to be at a stage where I can publish my application for everyone to try early next year.

Dutchboy

For those of you working on the open source code, instead of releasing the open source, copyright the software to MyCockpit and release it as freeware. Or release it for a very minimal charge, say $5 a copy and all proceeds go to help support MyCockpit.

Just a thought.

25+ Posting Member

Software release

I still don't know what direction I'm going to take at this point. I'm going to just continue to do the code on my own and release it for people to test that have the same setup that I do. I'll probably do this through my website www.simulatormotion.com

I will be doing the Joyrider style 2-DOF for my first platform.

Dutchboy

10+ Posting Member

Re: Yet another cheap and easy to build motion platform!

louis,
    Its been awhile since this thread and I too am trying to make a motion platform as cheap as possible untill I get to know about them. My platform will be for a DCS black Shark atack helicopter. The Pit is perty much built so now I am working on the platform. I could not open your attachments to see the pictures of yours but I did read the complete wording. Is there some way you could send me the pictures in another form and what all is needed to make a platform other that the base and the(moveable) top platform. iemotors,accuators,relay cards ect.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234