Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

KT5198 codes

Hi Calvin, You have to use single commands as far as I know, I tried "ganging" them together just as you said and I found it wont work.
    So far, and after some savage testing, I've had no trouble with sending them one at a time.
    Hope that helps.

See you .... Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Jim i basically Configured the code as a send .. change value ..Send new value type of thing to get the Contoller set up for the right speed etc did i understand you correctly that i could in fact Send a Command ""AA M1SP ??? M1AI ??? cr lf " That would make coding easier . Big Grin tthough having serious fun messing with the code am hoping if i can get the time ( My little ladys not too keen on hours coding LOL ) to get the basics of my Pitch and Roll Calc Routines done ( Again am initially looking at the method you originally used with the Relay setup ,,, just to get some motion ) and will then refine it ... oh by the way again following your lead i have bought a USB to serial Converter cable ( figured my nex FSX pc wont have serial ports installed as standard anymore before long so not a bad pre-emptive strike Thanks for the pointer .
    Last edited by wannabeaflyer; 11-05-2007 at 08:56 AM.

Hi Calvin,
    No, you read me wrong,,,
    You cant (As far as I know) send .. @aa M1AI 200 M1SP 800 CR LF

You have to send each command seperate, like ....
    @aa M1AI 200 CR LF
    and then,,,
    @aa M1SP 800 CR LF

NOTE: You need to send the AI one first and then the SP one.

See ya ... Jim

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Jim ( Please no Laughing now )
    below was my feeble 1st attempt at multiple command sending for motor control configuation ....like all my code at the moment needs refining and tidying but this is my tryu it snd see phase so know further down the road it will all get rationalised

Private Sub Speed_Selection(sp As Integer)
    'sp = 1
    'If Opt_A_But_Click(0) = True Then sp = 0

Select Case sp
    Case 0:
    'Message Syntax = @address( 1_Command( M1SP,M1AI,TIME,SAVE)_Param Value_ CR_LF)
    outstr1 = "@0" & Val(KT5198_Addrs_TxtBox.Text) & " M1SP " & Roll_R2C_TextBox.Text
    Roll_OutputMsg_TextBox = outstr
    outstr1 = outstr1 & vbNewLine
    comSend (outstr1)

outstr2 = "@0" & Val(KT5198_Addrs_TxtBox.Text) & " M1AI " & Roll_R2C_Accel_TextBox.Text
    outstr2 = outstr2 & vbNewLine
    comSend (outstr2)

outstr3 = "@0" & Val(KT5198_Addrs_TxtBox.Text) & " TIME " & Roll_R2C_Time_TextBox.Text
    outstr3 = outstr3 & vbNewLine
    comSend (outstr3)

outstr4 = "Addr = @0" & Val(KT5198_Addrs_TxtBox.Text) & " Speed " & Roll_R2C_TextBox & " Aceel " & Roll_R2C_Accel_TextBox & " Ramp Time " & Roll_R2C_Time_TextBox

Roll_OutputMsg_TextBox = outstr4

Case 1:

outstr1 = "@0" & Val(KT5198_Addrs_TxtBox.Text) & " M1SP " & Roll_MidSpd_TextBox.Text
    comSend (outstr1)

outstr2 = "@0" & Val(KT5198_Addrs_TxtBox.Text) & " M1AI " & Roll_MidSpd_Accel_TextBox.Text
    comSend (outstr2)

outstr3 = "@0" & Val(KT5198_Addrs_TxtBox.Text) & " TIME " & Roll_MidSpd_Time_TextBox.Text
    comSend (outstr3)

outstr4 = "Addr = @0" & Val(KT5198_Addrs_TxtBox.Text) & " Speed " & Roll_MidSpd_TextBox.Text & " Aceel " & Roll_MidSpd_Accel_TextBox & " Ramp Time " & Roll_MidSpd_Time_TextBox

outstr4 = outstr4 & vbNewLine

Case 2:

outstr1 = "@0" & Val(KT5198_Addrs_TxtBox.Text) & " M1SP " & Roll_HighSpd_TextBox.Text
    comSend (outstr1)

outstr2 = "@0" & Val(KT5198_Addrs_TxtBox.Text) & " M1AI " & Roll_HighSpd_Accel_TextBox.Text
    comSend (outstr2)

outstr3 = "@0" & Val(KT5198_Addrs_TxtBox.Text) & " TIME " & Roll_HighSpd_Time_TextBox.Text
    comSend (outstr3)

outstr4 = "Addr = @0" & Val(KT5198_Addrs_TxtBox.Text) & " Speed " & Roll_HighSpd_TextBox & " Aceel " & Roll_HighSpd_Accel_TextBox & " Ramp Time " & Roll_HighSpd_Time_TextBox

outstr4 = outstr4 & vbNewLine

Case -1
    'K8055Status_TextBoxlbl.Caption = "Card " + Str(CardAddress) + " not found"

End Select
    'If h >= 0 Then Timer1.Enabled = True
    End Sub

Hi Calvin,
    Yes, you appear to doing not too bad at all

Couple of sugestions though...
    The Time command ,, This really needs only to be sent at the START of each SESSION so when you load your profile, send it then, rather than with every movement command.

The address of the card ,,, Its unlikely to be of benifit with your first programming effort to have this adjustable,, so to simplify programming ,, just pick on an address and set the card to it. (I used @00)

For instance ,, to send the motor one way I send (The PCL's are just textbox's) ......

out = "@00 M2AI " & PCL(7) & vbNewLine
    comSend (out)
    out = "@00 M2sp " & PCL(6) & vbNewLine
    comSend (out)

And to send it the other way .......

out = "@00 M2AI " & PCL(7) & vbNewLine
    comSend (out)
    out = "@00 M2sp " & -(PCL(6)) & vbNewLine
    comSend (out)

You will note the AI is sent first, followed straight away by the SP.

To finish on a sad note ,,, If I were you Calvin ,, I wouldnt post any more source code ,,, there are a swag of people watching this developement and as such, everyone I know has stepped back from releasing their source code. What we are doing has big commercial posabilitys for some people and they will just prosper on our efforts.
    (Freely release the program .. OK ... but not the source code)
    As of today,, even I am hovering as to whether I will release my source code or not. (Sad but true ,,, time will tell ,, I like to share)

That being said, If you want more help ,, just e'mail me as I'm only too willing the help. My code is finished and working (just fine tuning going on) so I'm vertually there. Thinking on this ,,, are you close to getting going with the velleman/oceancontrols boards ??? You could make a good beta tester of my software if you are ??? Drop a message at my site (or email) if you are interested.

See ya ... Jim

To finish on a sad note ,,, If I were you Calvin ,, I wouldnt post any more source code ,,, there are a swag of people watching this developement and as such, everyone I know has stepped back from releasing their source code. What we are doing has big commercial posabilitys for some people and they will just prosper on our efforts.
    (Freely release the program .. OK ... but not the source code)
    As of today,, even I am hovering as to whether I will release my source code or not. (Sad but true ,,, time will tell ,, I like to share)

That being said, If you want more help ,, just e'mail me as I'm only too willing the help. My code is finished and working (just fine tuning going on) so I'm vertually there. Thinking on this ,,, are you close to getting going with the velleman/oceancontrols boards ??? You could make a good beta tester of my software if you are ??? Drop a message at my site (or email) if you are interested.

See ya ... Jim
    You are right Jim, it is a sad indictment on our society when people work co-operatively on a hobby like this and some of the unscrupulous sit back waiting to pickup something they can market as theirs for a profit. I have noticed this on Ebay for the open source flight sim program.

As for me, I am sitting back waiting because I don't know how to program (but am willing to learn as I go) and I have my 2dof cockpit built and the work you guys have all done saves people like me re-inventing the wheel. My interest is purely hobby, so it is sad that people like me (and I know there is a lot) don't always get the benefit of the great work people like you do.

By the way Jim, thank you for all the work and information you have done and given.

David

Hi David,
    Woooohhhh !! I am still releasing my program and so is/has everyone else .. In fact I have had big fiddles with the code today and cant wait to get out to the garage tomorrow and see how it goes.

I was talking about the source code ,,, The gobbly gooke that programmers put together to make the program.
    All that gobbly gooke gets compiled into a program and that is what you actually get and use. (The program)
    Whats actually happened is everyone is keeping their code pretty close to their chest, and I was just warning Calvin of the situation. In a way I dont blame them ,,, it is a **** of a lot of work and to see some-one else grab it and market it as their own really sucks.

To explain a bit more ,,, if the source code isnt available then no-one can change its looks or properties and sell it as their own.
    Where as a program, is just that, a program and that is what you get ,,, ie no-one can change its looks or propertys ,, so someone couldnt really "steal" it .. they can use it but not change it.

Thanks for your comments about our efforts ,,, I too am only into this as a hobby and as such am only too willing to pass on any thing I come across or build ,,, after all, the whole community is built on sharing.

David you said ,, ""so it is sad that people like me (and I know there is a lot) don't always get the benefit of the great work people like you do."" well nothing has changed ,,, all the programs are out there or still comming ,,, the only thing that is "touchy" is the release of source code,, and that is of no use to anyone unless they are a programmer. (Fiddling with that goobly gooke)

I dont really want to carry on with the in's and out's of all this ,,, Its a hobby and I like to share ... At the end of the day, I dont care if some-one makes money out of my work but I got to admit,, I am still pondering my next move ... BUT,,, as far as my PROGRAM is concerned then its all go and not far away ,,, And so are the other programs from the other great guys out there that have put a conciderable effort into giving simmers a choice of methods to build AND a choice of software to run everything with.

Hope I've cleared this up.

See ya ... Jim

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Jim As always ,Very Sound and helpfull advice. i take your point about the source code and will yake that on board. Glad we have guys like you and the other team members out there, i for one grab my inspiration from the concepts and leads you guys give, getting a bit long in the tooth but the old grey matter still loves a challange LOL. Just my way of saying thanks again for a valuable assist. y#that code snippet ( learnt that from C# LOL ) was my quick and dirty test sample been reading the VB manual again and will be changing a number of things in light of the info you have given. the timer thing was a throwback to an earlier attempt ( I take no credit for the fact i used Code i copied so that i could start to understand how it works ) so the timer bit was left from the Ve;eman sample code i forgot to take it out in this version . Both my Interface cards have tested out ok but as yet i have not put them into any sort of housing. i like the idea of how your cards are set-up and i had done something like that on my other controller so that seems the way to go until all the elements have been tied up. i see from your sample that i did not need to define separte "Out" strings to avoid info clashes when sending data to the Motor and also the info seems to be able to be sent sequentially which is another plus so learnt so big lessons here today. will keep in touch jim cos my intntion all along was to like you make my stuff available to those who genuinly would like to use but not abuse the efforts of others .

Ok, maybe I over-reacted, but I do dislike the fact that some people would take your hard work, and sell it for their own gain. That's not cricket.

But once again, always grateful to all you guys for the work you put in.

David

25+ Posting Member

source code

I have talked to Jim a little about this, and I won't be releasing my source code any longer either. I brought up the idea of open source motion control and received a lot of help from MattO setting it up and adding people to the group etc. Matt has been exceptional, so this in no way reflects his efforts to help us. In the end, there were very few people that actually commented and contributed in that forum. I think we should keep the forum there in the off chance that someone gets a spark to get involved, but there hasn't been a post there since I posted last in September.

When I announced that I was doing motion control open source, all sorts of people chimed in wanting to be part of it. I had Matt add them and then they disappeared into the woodwork. I went away and got married and went on vacation. I even worked hard to release the base code before I left for others to get a start, only to get back to absolutely no movement other than the same dedicated individuals as before the project started. Perhaps I thought the community was more than it really is, or maybe I thought it would happen much faster. Maybe C# isn't the way to go for a group project because it is too difficult and new? I'm not really sure why everyone lost interest. I fear that it comes down the the 80/20 rule again (I'm still waiting for life to prove this rule wrong) 20 percent of the people do 80 percent of the work.

I will release a program, but it will only be a binary compiled installer. It sounds like I'm bitter, but really I'm just disappointed that the group didn't flourish like I thought it would.

Dutchboy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast