Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire9 View Post
    Those hydralic/spring struts used to close screen doors have a screw on one end to adjust tension.
    I wonder how those would work?

I believe Gwyn used those with a very clever design in his yoke mechanism. You can find pictures in the Photo Gallery section I believe. One thing to keep in mind is that those things are normally fully retracted instead of fully extended.

Maurice

Unfortunately, most of the fish scales I had recently , I washed down the sink whilst cleaning the fish for the BBQ. Still, an ingenious idea.

(Sorry I'm on a business trip, and forgot my tablets, was that tablet PC, or tablet that drops down on FSUIPC buttons menu)

ps its still sun below the yardarm time here, in case you are wondering...

pps sometimes lateral thinking can be viewed as being insane. (or was that lateral viewing..)
    Paul

Project ERJ 145
    www.erj145sim.net

300+ Forum Addict

Hey Maurice,

Nice job on the rudder setup. Have you thought about motors to automate it for AP; it looks like if you attached a reversible motor to that rod that goes between the Capt and FO rudder sets, it would cause them to move automatically. You just need to add an electric clutch to engage the motor when you want it on for AP and off when you move the pedals by your feet. Thus, that relieves the pressure of the motor.

John

John

Quote Originally Posted by jkcombs View Post
    Hey Maurice,

Nice job on the rudder setup. Have you thought about motors to automate it for AP; it looks like if you attached a reversible motor to that rod that goes between the Capt and FO rudder sets, it would cause them to move automatically. You just need to add an electric clutch to engage the motor when you want it on for AP and off when you move the pedals by your feet. Thus, that relieves the pressure of the motor.

John

John
    Hi John, as far as I know AP doesnt move the pedals in any way However the motor can be used for rudder trimming.

2 Maurice - the pedals are very good. You can call me insane builder, so I will not grouse about the load forces. I think one thing you have missed - pedal adjustment system. Its very easy to build - you need to have your cam mounted on the thread. The same design is used on the real plane.
    I think adjustment system is even more important then motorized trim.

Cheers, Vitaly

MyCockpit Support Staff

Quote Originally Posted by mauriceb View Post
    I believe Gwyn used those with a very clever design in his yoke mechanism. You can find pictures in the Photo Gallery section I believe. One thing to keep in mind is that those things are normally fully retracted instead of fully extended.

Maurice
    True! I used two screen door closers to center the pitch motion and it works and feels great. I used two that were different types and I've just bought two new ones which will be fitted when I install the new yokes from Roberto. They are finished and are being painted gloss black in two-pack by a pro painter mate at the moment, I hope to fit them this coming weekend.

http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/s....php?photo=821 This pic shows how the centering device works, both yoke columns are attached to the chrome 'torque' tube which synchronizes them.

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

Re: Boeing 737 rudder pedals construction

What is your dimensions? btw I am an engineering student and I found your design to be the best after about 3 days of looking though designs. Good Job!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123