Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vnav descent speed?

cdu not correctly adjusting speeds and alts on legs page?

any help with these ones?

matto, i hope you are not too shocked at the direction these questions are going in. its only normal humans conversing. you gunna be ok ?

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Telly,

I notice you were directing your questions directly to Jonathan. Please be aware that Project Magenta (Johnathan) does not come in here and respond or answer your questions on a regular basis. Perhaps you should send an email Directly to support@projectmagenta.com This is the point that Matt and the rest of our team have been trying to get across to the users of this forum.

If you have questions for Project Magenta you must email them. These forums are to discuss configuration issues and share Knowledge on setup and operation. If you have an issue with something that you feel is a bug, there is no point sharing it here, unless you know most people are not experiencing the issue, and your looking for help on correcting the matter.

I hope that you find this information helpful.

Best regards,

MyCockpit Admin.

Hi Trev,

It is my personal opinion, but I think reporting bugs to community could be very useful.
    Sometimes it's difficult to know if it is system related or just plain bugs in the software.

All software has bugs and incorrect behaviors, even the big ones as Microsoft are issueing monthly updates and patches, so I don't see any good reason why we should try to hide the ones from PM for the community world. Communication and openness is very important in the world and presently it looks the My Cockpit team (or PM) is trying to limit this severly. It is useless to try to give the impression here PM is 100% super quality, when every body knows it's not. With the support of its customers it only can become stronger and better. Teamwork always makes things better

The lack of communication is just feeding more and more issues and threads.

This gives me a very bad feeling. Censorship is the last thing we need here.

Michel
    general website : users.telenet.be/michel.vandaele
    my spaces: http://michelmvd.spaces.live.com/
    email : michelmvd@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by michelmvd View Post
    Hi Trev,

It is my personal opinion, but I think reporting bugs to community could be very useful.
    Sometimes it's difficult to know if it is system related or just plain bugs in the software.

All software has bugs and incorrect behaviors, even the big ones as Microsoft are issueing monthly updates and patches, so I don't see any good reason why we should try to hide the ones from PM for the community world. Communication and openness is very important in the world and presently it looks the My Cockpit team (or PM) is trying to limit this severly. It is useless to try to give the impression here PM is 100% super quality, when every body knows it's not. With the support of its customers it only can become stronger and better. Teamwork always makes things better

The lack of communication is just feeding more and more issues and threads.

This gives me a very bad feeling. Censorship is the last thing we need here.

Michel
    I see your point, but please don't misunderstand what I said above as a hard line between black and white. Please see below for a fictitious example.

Example #1.
    good
    Hi guys I am having a problem with the legs page. Have any of you the same issues? and does anyone know if it is being looked at?

bad
    Hey I have had nothing but problems with the legs page and some no good peice of junk software is to blame for that peice of crums that I spent too much money on.

Can you see the difference..?

It is the latter that we are trying to avoid. and that is all that I meant.
    LMAO Therefore If the latter is used, and it is censorship that it is called when we remove this type of post, then so be it. However, If I ever caught my daughter speaking like that in an open chat forum, she would loose her internet privileges indefinitely.

Just my thoughts. Bottom line is. if you have a customer service and support issue. Vent to PM in email. We will not tolerate it here.

Trev

I completely agree and I for one appreciate Trev's reasonable and moderate way of addressing this.

I personally vented my frustration to Jonathan yesterday and I sincerely regret it. I absolutely stand by the views I presented - but it was completely the wrong place to air those views in that manner .... and I emailed Trev and Matt to recognise and apologise for that.

As I said, it's not about standing down, it's not about promoting ignorance of the bugs and issues we have with PM, and I don't believe it's about censorship.

It is about appreciating this forum facility and community that is kindly provided for us here and realizing that comments like those I made yesterday are only going to cause issues and problems for the guys that provide this site for us.

Ok for those who think I'm just towing the line here - here are some solid facts;

If it were not for this site, I would not have been able to:-

- Set up a ethernet network.. (gave up twice after trying other internet 'advice'!).
    - Configure my PM correctly.
    - Fix my Saitek Yoke issues.
    - In short, I simply couldn't have built my 'pit if were not for this site.

That calls for some appreciation! , not mis-using this place to vent frustration at a vendor (regardless of whether the frustration is justified).

The correct place for me (and others) to shout that I am unhappy about any aspect of PM and their products is at their 'shop front' (ie... by email), not here.

I don't think mycockpit.org is a heavily censored site, and I also don't think it's an extreme 'anything goes' site (remember those sites suffer terrible flaming, abuse, conflicts, etc)....

As the Buddhist's say - the middle path is the right path.
    David R
    Durham, England

1979 Mooney M20J Cockpit builder ......

Hi Trev,
    Of course I totally agree with you for what exemple 1 concerns.
    It is important to let the community know about the bugs and problems, but it is even more important that this is done in a mature, fair and correct matter. By flaming, menacing or impolite words, you obtain nothing. I'm more than sure that the guys at PM do there best to have the software working, after all it's their business.
    Reporting bugs or uncorrect behavior of software, should be seen as a help and support to bring the software in line with the real thing. This must be done first at all directly with the vendor and support services.

Nevertheless I understand the customers frustration when no response is giving or it takes so long (now already more than 10 month's) to have a patch for the well known CDU problems, which are making a normal flight impossible.

An open communication by all parties, in a spirit of collaboration and team support can do wonders. The updates Jonathan gave us the last weeks are certainly helping to let us understand better what is happening. I think a weekly condensed news update would be very much appreciated.

Michel
    general website : users.telenet.be/michel.vandaele
    my spaces: http://michelmvd.spaces.live.com/
    email : michelmvd@hotmail.com

Very well said Michael.

The mature correct, and fair method is what everyone is looking to see. and as you said, Everyone of us is looking to have the software patched.

Thanks for understanding, I am confident that each and everyone of us will get our patches, we are just going to have to wait for it. LOL

Trev

150+ Forum Groupie

Vnav

Hi

There is no update to VNAV. The main issues looked at are the ones previously listed.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Jonathan Richardson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234