my spaces: http://michelmvd.spaces.live.com/
    email : michelmvd@hotmail.com

500+ This must be a daytime job JBaymore's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    So are you saying, going from 1.4 to 1.7 shows no other work to the program? If so, then there are no improvements and probably never will be any!
    Tim,

It may be that given the weather information actually available within the fs2004 and FSX sims, the program already explores the WXR functions about the best it can. I run it as a stand alone (no PM) and it seems to work reasonably well to me (using verison 1.6 currently). The accuracy at times is rather outstanding.

Maybe he can improve the PM functionality, or tweak the interface....but maybe there is nothing else to actually "develop". So any changes merely amount to "freebie upgrades" that won't really earn him any more bucks (or Marks or whatever). The number of new people adding weather radar like this is likely a small subset of all cockpit builders which, while growing, is certainly not a "mass" market.

The PM functionality is an issue limited to users of PM. He is providing a VERY low priced product as an add-on to a very HIGH priced product...... not a formula for economic success as a business model and not likely to cause him to put too much more time and effort into the product gesared solely to that market. PM sells few units of their product and generates a relatively large cash flow. If he capitalizes on converting 100% of the new PM sales into sales for SA_WXR....... he makes very little money.

best,

...................john

Here Florian posts an explanation for the long waiting time

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=193&t=64980

Let's hope he make it (ATPL) so we'll see some more realistic software in the future.
    Regards Anders Eriksson

www.simcockpit.se

FS9

150+ Forum Groupie

Boeing Small correction ...

Those of you who use it with PM Glass Cockpits might have noticed (talking about the Boeing, at least) in version 1.7 (which works !!!) that the WXR associated label on the left side of the ND display, once the EFIS WXR button has been pressed, is constantly "WXR" regardless to the active WXR device mode (that is OFF / WXR alone / WXR and turbulence).
    I'll try and drop a line to Florian also on the other forum, and hope he'll be willing to fix it !
    Regards,
    p.s. it dawns on me, though, that this detail might be something of which the PM Team has to take care of, given that it's the Glass Cockpit software - at least this is what I guess - that picks up the radar device status and displays the status labels accordingly ...
    Last edited by eudoniga; 09-25-2007 at 04:48 AM. Reason: added a p.s.
    Happy landings and always three greens !!

Eu

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by JBaymore View Post
    It may be that given the weather information actually available within the fs2004 and FSX sims, the program already explores the WXR functions about the best it can.
    In FSX he could go direct to SimConnect instead of using FSUIPC, and get a detailed cloud map which actually reflects the graphics cloud depiction. It's a new feature for FSX, but as yet unsupported in FSUIPC (as I assumed only new programs would exploit it, and they'd be written to SimConnect not FSUIPC).

Of course this would be a lot of work and I see he is already very busy.

Regards

Pete

500+ This must be a daytime job JBaymore's Avatar

Thanks for the info on FSX's different weather modeling, Pete. Sounds like that makes a very realistic and detailed WXR a possibility. Hopefully someone will actually tackle it. Complex, niche market software is a tough field.

I'm pretty happy with the SA_WXR rendition as a stand alone. It gives a reasonable approximation. I wish there were a few more features..... but hey..... us sim pilots are never satisfied.

best,

.................john

Tim
    For some of us the issue has been, and apparently still is, the internal offset bits and bytes used to control the software with latching, monentary, and rotary switches.

Anyone know if this was ever addredded?

75+ Posting Member

The new version 1.7 works, which is good news, but i wonder if Thoams can answer a question relating to the PM GetWx programme.

PM Get WX is needed to call up a Metar via the CDU but this programe is not running as the WXR display is now rendered by the SAWXR programme.

Is there any way that we can still use the PM GetWX for Metar but somehow have an option in the programme NOT to display the WX on radar as this function is being fulfilled by the SAWXR??

Cheers
    Peter

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Nielsen View Post
    The new version 1.7 works, which is good news, but i wonder if Thoams can answer a question relating to the PM GetWx programme.

PM Get WX is needed to call up a Metar via the CDU but this programe is not running as the WXR display is now rendered by the SAWXR programme.

Is there any way that we can still use the PM GetWX for Metar but somehow have an option in the programme NOT to display the WX on radar as this function is being fulfilled by the SAWXR??

Cheers
    Peter

Hi

There is no way.
    SA-WXR reads the weather from FS itself to create the Bitmap.
    PmGetWeather/WhazzUp reads the weather only from server, has nothing to do with FS.
    Also if it would be possible, you would get the Metar from a differend server than FS gets the weather data.
    Regards
    Thomas

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by EW321 View Post
    Hi

There is no way.
    SA-WXR reads the weather from FS itself to create the Bitmap.
    PmGetWeather/WhazzUp reads the weather only from server, has nothing to do with FS.
    Also if it would be possible, you would get the Metar from a differend server than FS gets the weather data.

Tks Thomas,

the Metar i see displayed in the PM CDU using PMGetWx is 100% spot on at all times with the WX and VATSIM servers. So perhaps what is needed is a small program that only reads the METAR/TAF Values (either from an internal PM server or from a VATSIM/IVAO/Servinfo server (the last one being the one i suspect it reads from already) and displays them in text within the CDU but ignores anyother kind of "radar" or "image"

That way we could use the SA WXR for "radar display" but still have the Acars functionality in the CDU.
    Peter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast