300+ Forum Addict

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Smile Triplehead screen setup

Here are some shots of my setup for the 3 screens. These screen grabs are on the test bench with 3, 1280x1024 LCD monitors. My Projectors are 1280x 720, so it will run a little differently than on the desk. I basically setup the Sim at .33 zoom on the normal Triplehead then create 3 separate screens (left 45 degrees, centre, right 45 degrees)with the [ key and drag them to each screen and re-size them to fit each projector. Make sure that the original screen is seeing vertically straight up at the clouds with the ctrl 5, and the results are in the pics. The screens line up and with this setup, even though you cannot notice this on these pics, is the better outlook when you have 3 screens and set at approximately 45 degrees offset from the front screen. Using the normal triplehead without the 3 separate screens gives distortion to the sides and also you see a lot more with the individual screens. Frame rates are slowed but are quite usable. Having just spent a number of days trying to get the frame rates ok has been a battle ! I re-formatted and re-installed FS9, and for some reason for which I have no idea, it took a number of flights to get the FS9 to work in a decent fashion without me doing any tweeks except setting all sliders to default, (blurries,bad frame rates, etc) It appears that FS9 does it own re-arranging of a lot of things over which we have no control. I did notice this before on an earlier install, but thought it must be imagination.
    Computer specs: 6700 Duo, 8800 GTS, 2 gig ram. In the pics I am using Voz around Brisbane.
    Hope this helps.............Brian W.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Boeing

Seamless brilliance!