Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Bob,

I downloaded it several months ago and following a little email contact with Robert paid for it and was assured of support.

My understanding is that the program was cracked / hacked so he discontinued development. He does however support those who pay.

I have had very good results with it.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Well I was just at his web site and what you say appears to be true! I own the software as well. Also looks like there is even an update to it!! I resend my statement looks like it is there and yes it is worth learning it also does some nice things for Boeing guys too who want to use 2 separate yokes... It has the ability to make the output 1. Great to see it come back!! I am working on using it for 2 separate sets of rudder pedals as well.
    Bob Reed

75+ Posting Member

Hi Guys,

I downloaded the FBW module user guide and it definitely looks very impressive. I am going to try to get the demo working in my sim.

Many thanks for the heads-up.

cheers,
    Ryan.

Hi all,

I think Robert put it on the AST software forum. He stated there that his software did not sell anymore due to the fact that it had been hacked by some
    company. I was impressed with the demoversion but in order to use it succesfully you certainly need to have a joystick that has a firm recentering force because the loops to hold the plane get only active when the stick is in the nullzone

if someone has a quick answer on how to get the other buttons of the joystick working again (trim up/down, push to talk, brake), please let me know
    also if someone knows how to get the priority function work from a joystick button....let me know...

greetz Peter

Hi all,

went through all the manuals from FScommunicator but could not find how to get the directX joystick buttons to be treated by the program, only the analog axes. Can someone enlighten me?

Which is the url for the site of Robert Fisher?

Greetz Peter

Peter,

It is very complex and time consuming to get FS Communicator set up BUT IT IS WORTH ALL THE EFFORT!!! Please trust in this.

To get your DirectX joysticks working you need to do the following: (I trust you have it installed and running on a wide client equipped machine on your network, and that you are running PEDRO OLIVEIRA抯 Airbus A320-200 Flight Dynamics CFM56-5B4 engines for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 (v 4.0) available on http://www.avsim.com (search for Pedro Oliveira)...)

1) Make sure the joysticks are plugged into the computer running FS Comm.

2) Set up your joysticks as described in sec 2.2 Mapping of DirectX-Joysticks (for User of DirectX-Input-Devices) in the manual FS-Com Analog Channel Processing V3.doc. Make sure you click the "Show only DirectX Joystick Channels" button at the top of the Analogue Channel Configuration menu page....it gets rid of all the analog channels that you arent using and lessens confusion.

Don't worry about sensitivity curves, scaling or any other stuff at this point - just get them assigned to the CAPT and F/O Aileron and Elevator slots and make sure thatthe numbers move when you move the appropriate axis. Define a good center deadzone in each axis in the calibration screen -this is important.

3) Disable the joystick-control in FS9 or FSX. This is necessary because all side stick-commands will be sent from FS Comm over WideFS/FSUIPC to the simulator.

4) Now in the "Dual Side Stick Control (Epic & DirectX Users)" (section 4 in the same manual) enable the Dual sidestick control box. Then select your axis channels for the CAPT and F/O controls. You will have to scroll down a bit in each menu to find the DirectX channels you have just configured in the previous step.... this is most likely where you have gone wrong... once selected you should now see your joysticks moving the right controls in the "Dual Sidestick Settings" window and you will also see your controls actice in FS.

You should now be able to at least go flying (carefully) and have the FBW systems and auto trim running enough to get you around.

I know the manuals are long and detailed but there is no substitute for reading them and following the diretions CAREFULLY. This program will tkae you days or even weeks to get set up and tweaked out properly. Once you do though you won't even be able to imagine flying your sim without it. There are SO MANY great features in the software that are useful and it is well worth taking the time to learn the program... you'll be glad you did in the end.

Good luck!

toA320East,

thanks for the swift reply. However, I already got it until the point where you
    describe it.
    My question was the following. I would like to use also the buttons on my stick
    still for the priority switch and the push to talk. In the FS communicator
    I could not find out how to translate or better how to read the state of the joystick buttons, only the axes.
    There I need info about, wether this is possible or not.

Currently, since the joystick is connected to the FS PC, FSUIPC and FS take care of those buttons but with communicator the joystick gets removed from the FS PC and moved to another PC connected via wideFS

Greetz Peter

Ok Peter, let me take a look when I get home tonight and see if I can help out further...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12