Thread: Ecu

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Ecu

Small questions regarding ECU.
    1. If in fly ECU is start inoperative the Engine continue to work or automatically shut itself down?
    2. If Alternator fails to generate the required electrical power, the ECU will switch to Alternator of other Engine, to Bat 28V DC or to which bus?
    Thanks,
    Sergey

MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar

Airbus

What the **** is the ECU??

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dodiano View Post
    What the **** is the ECU??
    electronic control unit

Airbus

Electronic Control Unit I don´t think we have that on the Bus not on the IAE engines is he talking about the EEC maybe? Maybe you could answer cause I have no Idea man!

Roberto

Super Moderator

Electronic Control Unit I don´t think we have that on the Bus not on the IAE engines is he talking about the EEC maybe? Maybe you could answer cause I have no Idea man!

Roberto
    It’s been about fourteen years since I worked on an Airbus 319/320 w/V2500 Robertio but I’m thinking they are the same things(ECU/EEC).

As far as the question I’m taking a stab in the dark here but if ECU/EEC failed on engine start wouldn’t the FADEC sense failure and shut down the engine while cranking the starter for another 30sec or so?

Also, the V2500 has two alternators per engines, FADEC alt 1 and FADEC alt 2. Doesn’t FADEC control this function upon failure?

25+ Posting Member

Dodiano, yes I speak about CFM engines.
    ECU (electronic or engines control unit) is the heart of FADEC. I think ECU=EEC and is the same and do the same.
    ECU on ground is powered by 28V DC, and after engine start by Eng. alternator (115V). After alternator start faulty in fly it switch back to Bat or to another Eng. alternator or ... ?
    I know exactly if EIU (this is interface between ECU/EEC and pb.s)start faulty the Engines not shutdown in fly but what about ECU/EEC.

Airbus

Yeah I thought so! EEC is on the IAE and ECU on the other engine I think! I still have no idea what youa re talking about buddy! But what I do know if we loose one generator we always have the second one! Now as Joe says if the EEC fails the FADEC will detect it and switch to the second channel if I´m not wrong probably will trigger an Ecam as a warning... Now we have diferent busses on the Airbus ( I realy hate the electrical system) but to make it short if one generator fails, one TR fails or an AC bus fails the network automatically switches to the backup or the second bus .. Now remember Batteries are mostly for starting the APU and stuff like that and powering up and as a backup but in flight our main source for generating electricity are the Generators, 3 on the plane basically! And a 4th one for backup the RAT! It is very unlikelly you will have a complete electrical emergency configuration which why the way we practice on our sim sessions and even there the idea is to reset computers and try to get one generator running!

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Roberto

25+ Posting Member

I still have no idea what youa re talking about buddy!
    I am talking about full lose ECU for one engine. I think for this situation the engine will be switched off but I am not assured. Without ECU/EEC the engine is only big metal.
    In AMM I find only this:
    ECU Failures and Redundancy
    - The ECU uses identical software in each channel. Each channel
    has its own power supply, processor, programmed memory and
    input/ output functions,
    - Each channel normally uses its own input signals, but can also use
    input signals from the other channel if it recognizes faulty or
    suspect inputs,
    - An output fault in one channel causes switchover to control from
    the other channel,
    - In the event of faults in both channels a pre-determined hierarchy
    decides which channel is more capable of control,
    - In the event of loss of both channels, or loss of electrical power, the
    systems are designed to go to the fail-safe positions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Serge, You must have an amazing Sim. I would love to see pictures. If you are able to model you simulator down to the point where your working with logic on the ECU units, I am very impressed. Do you think you could post a couple pictures of your setup?

I have 3 Engine computers on the Falcon 900, and when you turn them off in the real aircraft you get differences in the N1, and N2 % (shudders) on all three engines. The computers are suposed to keep them running smooth Flightsim and Project magenta can't model these features unfortunately, but I am at a loss on how I could possibly model these functions. What your talking about in your setup would do that for me. So I am eager to see where your at with this. Where are you programming this logic? Are you able to share this information please?

Thanks,

And again, could we see some pictures of your ECU units that your working with. I am very excited.
    Trev

Airbus

Sergejv,

Really this won´t help you on your quest for your sim! I really don´t know this stuff if something fails in the air the ECAM will tell me and also he will tell me what to do as well as the FCOM´s for the emergency... I think is very difficult we loose the ECU´s or EEC´s since we have 2 channels for it but this stuff is really not relevant I am here to answer questions about the handling of the Bus, software or stuff like that but these deep questions I´m sorry man is not my thing! I know the systems in general and what I need to know that will help me trouble shoot and understand what is happening in hte Air but this is not something I know as from memory nor by heart.

Really sorry.

Regards,

Roberto

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast