10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

In flight monitoring...

Hi,

I am quite keen to know what monitoring takes place on the flight deck, ie fuel, waypoint, eta etc. I assume their is some sort of flight log that is used to record this information, if so does anyone have an example that they could post.

In particular I am keen on understanding the fuel monitoring calculations and how that is achieved. Any information or pointers where to look would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Andy

MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar

Ok the monitoring on the A-320 is basically the following during the cruise Phase:

We take the Newspaper and we start monitoring our reading skills... From time to time we call the attendants and monitor our flirting skills oh yeah sometimes we watch the ECAM...

Actually it is an Interesting question in the case of my airline we monitor the fuel through the flight plan as we pass a Fix, We record the fuel burnt shown on the ECAM and compare it with the fuel on the flight plan for that segment when you add the total fuel burnt it has to be close or the same to the one you where dispatched with so you do that along the route with the operational Flight Plan...

We also record the WInd at that point that would be Heading and speed the ATA we reached that fixed compared to the ETA one proposed during the calculations of the flight plan as well as our current Ground speed... Fuel Burnt and fuel on board and that way we monitor if we have a leak etc... And if our fuel is comparable to the one on the flight plan or we are burning more or less therefore helps us take a decision of wheter we go to the alternate or not!

We also monitor the different pages of the ECAM as per the book once each hour

Take care,

Roberto

10+ Posting Member

Hi Roberto,

Many thanks for the reply.. you have given me lots to think about. Err..just where can you get flight attendants for the sim?

If you don't mind, I will probably have more questions on this once I have had the chance to look into it in more detail.

Cheers
    Andy

MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar

No problem I´m here to answer any question!

Roberto