Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Any 787 Dreamers?

I have been holding back for a while before I dive in with both feet on my cockpit. I had planned on a 737-800 and for the last couple of years just biding my time, letting our favorite hardware makers mature and I am glad I waited. The new products coming to market from FDS, and Engravity are works of art. So now as I get closer I hit a snag. This big beautiful 787 that I have followed from day one is only a couple months from first flight (March 31/0. A year ago it was a no brainer, build the 737-800 but now with the introduction of the 787 right around the corner it got me thinking again. I am planning to build a new house at the end of next year complete with a detached building for my sim room slash office and with it opens up the flood gates to my addiction. I am hoping that it won't take 15 years for the specs and such to filter down to our hobby like it seems to have done for the 737/A320 times have changed and I am pretty sure the relevant specs, dimensions etc will find its way to us much faster. The only stumbling block I see is the software side, the new aircraft systems. Its a
    touch call, build the 738 or wait a little longer. This hobby is pretty much a one shot deal cant drop 40g every time I want a new plane

Anyone else out there trying to decide?

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

At least until Jane's publishes detailed aerodynamic specifications for the aircraft I think you may be in for a long wait.

I'd build now with something you'd like as much or get as much enjoyment from. There's no telling how long you'll have to wait for software with realistic flight dynamics, not to mention systems modeling.

The A-380 has been bantered about at Air France as well. We have made the decision to hold off on starting this program at least until Air France takes delivery of the aircraft. There are two A-380's on the market now, neither of which has any actual A-380 flight dynamics. The program may be in the wings for some time even after Air France takes delivery.

Until a major player like PDGM, Dreamfleet, or other outstanding company produces the 787, I'd save my money.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

It is quite interesting, I was watching a show on Discovery and there is a gentleman that contacted Airbus and had someone provide him Scale drawings of the entire aircraft so he could build a 1:25th scale or thereabouts RC Model of the A380. Each of the engines cost him $5,000.00 He had $20,000.00 in just engines.

Therefore I submit if it is dimensions you want you just need to find the right person at Boeing for your 787 that will provide them to you.

Never say never, Anything is possible if it is your dream.

Trev

500+ This must be a daytime job

I dont think Airbus has plans for the 787 that Badge wants to build

Anyway, you might get partial plans of global structures, but they will defo not give you detailed plans.

Panel wise the 787 shouldnt be too hard to replicate. Its a very clean designed aircraft.

The overhead is very similar to the 777 so no real challenge there either.

Problem will be software. The 787 is completely revolutionary when it comes to displays and logics displays.

So it it would be the software that will be the challenge.....nice to have panels...but what to do with them if there isnt any software.

stef

www.boeing737ng.com

LMFAO.

Yeah your right. I was thinking Airbus because thats where the A380 model guy got his plans, as for Badge, I meant he would need to contact someone at Boeing, and he should be able to get them.

ROFL I am such a dork.

I will just keep my mouth shut for now LMAO

Thanks for pointing that one out. (time for another coffee)

25+ Posting Member

Hi all,
    recently i bought two Abacus planes, B787 Dreamliner ($5.95US) & Airbus A380 2 ($7.99US) & the B787 is endorsed by Boeing.
    I didn't buy them on purpose , more like they were so cheap I just HAD to get them.
    (the guy that sells them on ebay has some left , let me know & i can give details of the seller, he's in the USA)

And yes I too am still trying to decide what to build. In all honesty it's looking more likely a generic cockpit will be the start because there's just too many planes i like.

Cheers
    Gerry

Then you spent 13.94 more than I would on anything from Abacus, I personally feel that their goals is to capitalize on the hype for these two planes by producing radically inferior products to the likes that us hardcore guys are accustom too.
    Last edited by Trevor Hale; 12-02-2007 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Mycockpit.org Post Policy Violation

Please be Careful Badge,

Factual comments only, That is very close to bashing, slamming and a defamatory comment.

Mycockpit admin.