Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question Electronics Help!

Hi,

I realy need some help with this i barely know the first thing about electronics (and i'm building a Flight Sim - i know!) but if someone could give me some SIMPLE circuit diagrams via message or in the download forum possibly you have used indicating which type of resistors, leds, timers etc. to make an easy circuit with a switch and a LED that would be great.

I have access to parts and can solder but just dont know what to use without bringing the house down!

Someone please help me !

Thanks, Geremy

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 737 Gez View Post
    Hi,

I realy need some help with this i barely know the first thing about electronics (and i'm building a Flight Sim - i know!) but if someone could give me some SIMPLE circuit diagrams via message or in the download forum possibly you have used indicating which type of resistors, leds, timers etc. to make an easy circuit with a switch and a LED that would be great.

I have access to parts and can solder but just dont know what to use without bringing the house down!

Someone please help me !

Thanks, Geremy
    Hi Geremy. First off if you have not looked at interfaces, that is the first thing you are going to have to do. You need an interface to talk from FS to hardware and from hardware to FS. I know another wrench in the works. But there is no other way to do it. So my first recommendation is start looking at interfaces, decide what you want to do as far as what do you need for switches and leds and other lights and then pick one that looks like it will do all you want. Don't worry I did not know a lot about electronics in the design and build area until I go into this either and I have learned ( with a lot of help from the folks here) as I went. It is a growing process as your sim grows so do your abilities.
    Bob Reed

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Question

I have looked at the internet and found IO cards and epic cards but look pretty complex to me (and expensive) Is their anything you could recommend that is reasonably straight forward.

The Only thing i can see that ticks the boxes is keyboard interfacing. I wonder if anyone else is using the same sofware that could help me out?

....Geremy,

MyCockpit Support Staff

http://www.flightdecktechnology.com/ Sim-Boards - click, assign & play, even a mechanical engineer found the wiring up easy! They are in Croydon I think.

Gwyn
    Last edited by W9XE/Project777; 08-21-2007 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Corrected Link

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!