MyCockpit Support Staff

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Westozy's glareshield

Hi all,

After losing half a day having to repair my dodgey bandsaw, I got the glareshield support bracket fitted to the roof structure. I still need an adaptor to plug the Italian power supply in to the Aussie socket and I can't get one here on a Sunday - bummer. I'll probably get it working tomorrow, fingers crossed. I had to raise the roof 50mm and the seats 25mm to improve the forward view and it definately feels like a cockpit now.
    New pics on page 5 - http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/s...cat=547&page=5

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Looks good Gwyn.

Tell me, what is used to fill the space between the extreme left and right sides of the MIP between that and the glareshield?
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

Looking good Gwyn. It's amazing how far the glareshield sticks out forward of the MIP isn't it? I thought there was something wrong when I did mine, but no ... measurements correct.

Some tips for ya... when you install the MCP drivers & software make sure you follow the instructions to the letter. I shortcut one step and it took me hours to unravel and get it right.

And your MCP backlighting will only activate when the Nav light switch is ON in FS (on your aircraft/panel that is).
    Nic D'Alessandro
    737NG builder (Hobart, Australia)
    http://simsation.com.au

MyCockpit Support Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing Skunk Works View Post
    Looks good Gwyn.

Tell me, what is used to fill the space between the extreme left and right sides of the MIP between that and the glareshield?
    The glarewings are still to come, I have made the patterns and I will make them out of layered pieces of MDF and coat them with the same upholstery vinyl as the top of the 'dashboard'. I've left enough room for the pull switches and annunciator panels. There will be another piece overhanging the MCP by 30mm including wash lighting, I had a good look at this visiting a real 737 back in December. (Took heaps of pics).

Nic, Today I found a power adaptor converter and fired it up. As you say I followed the instructions to the letter and had immediate full control of the default 737, it works perfectly and looks great all lit up. When I switched to PMDG and restarted FS_COM I found I have limited and faulty function, I think this is because of all of the keystroke changes I put in for Sim-Boards. I will have to reprogram Sim-Boards and put all the PMDG keystrokes back to their default settings. ( I changed PMDG assignments so Sim-Boards used mostly single letter keypresses. I think it will be an easy fix but a bit time consuming that's all. Probably best if I reload PMDG and start again, I only have about 34 switch assignments at the moment so that's not a lot.

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go

Yeah key settings could be it. Guess you're already aware of this support info... http://www.cpflight.com/sito/support/swtroub.asp (scroll down to PMDG)
    Nic D'Alessandro
    737NG builder (Hobart, Australia)
    http://simsation.com.au

MyCockpit Support Staff

Cheers Nic, I missed the keystroke assignments list and have reprogrammed, it all works FANTASTIC including the left EFIS. (Right EFIS only PM).

Sooooooooooooooo STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!

75+ Posting Member James Twomey's Avatar

That is truely some really nice work Gwyn! I cant blame you for being soooooo STOKED.

Best
    James

MyCockpit Support Staff

These CP Flight MCP and EFIS units are really good and they have exceeded all expectations by a long way, I've tried every MCP function I know and it obeys every command including VNAV, LNAV & Autoland. Everything on the EFIS worked except WXR & TERR which PMDG doesn't simulate. Engravity panels on the CP units are outstanding, backlighting comes on with the dome light function.

Must fly...

Gwyn

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

So... Having the MCP makes all the difference in the world for the cockpit, doesn't it?!! Yours is looking VERY nice. It is a lot of fun just watching what you are doing with your sim! Very nice work indeed!
    Bob Reed

MyCockpit Support Staff

You're not wrong Bob, it makes a BIG difference having an MCP along with the new roof. My sim now induces vertigo occasionally and that blows me away. I don't think I'll be playing with any 30 year old Cessna's anymore, the real thing is not as much fun as this!

Gwyn