image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS beta 29

Quote Originally Posted by startrail View Post
    Hi ,

i am using fsx.

Thanks
    mike
    same for me... using FSX. Seems that some controller setting have been changed.

for rolling: When performing an autoland the AC rolls to one direction after touchdown. Only on one of the MLG the AC runs down the runway. Looking strange. If required I can upload a vid. During final approach the AC tends to swing just a little bit around roll axis.

For pitch: It seems to keep the pitch better at higher roll angles but it does not seem to be so smooth anymore when in autopilot. For example: when capturing the GS... the nose down is commanded very hard and does not look realistic/smooth enough. From my point of view the GS transition was better before.

I also played abit with the control laws for autothrust with the nice editor. Cool stuff! But how do i reset all values I touched?

For spoiler deactivation I already tried to reconfig it. It does not work. Only activation works. I use opencockpit stuff.

For the other issues I will contact you later.
    Thank you, JL!

Rob

300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Hi, when are the sounds playing, when you start sound module or the FMGS server?
    JL
    Hi JL
    I always start StarterFSX, so after that FMGS and sound module start automatically and all these announcements play. I've tried to start just FMGS or Sound module as you said and no sound produced at these cases.
    Regards

300+ Forum Addict

Hi to all
    After B.29 there is no speed mark on speed tape (selected or managed, value or triangle), except V1 and Vr, but AC flies normally at these speeds (eg. 250KIAS below FL100). Please confirm.
    Regards

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi JL,

thanks for the new version, here are some findings of my first flight:

1. I cannot arm spoilers any more. I have assigned that action to a joystick button in your configuration.
    2. On PFD the red ground altitude ribbon is reaching into the number of actual altitude when on ground.
    3. When pressing "B" in FS9 to reset to current QNH, the QNH in PFD is updated as well as actual altitude, but the display in glare wing on CP side is no longer updated / I am using skalarki wing + I/O; it is working in B28
    4. PFD: In speed tape the target IAS is no longer displayed (triangle). Before T/O V2 is not displayed on top of speed tape
    5. Autothrust is very nervous, going up and down especially when reaching and maintaining target altitude
    6. When in mode OP DES, the descent rate is very nervous, A/C is pitching up and down
    7. A/C is rolling very much while establishing on localizer

Sounds are great, and A/C is also catching and maintaing LOC + G/S much better as in previous version. I am using FS9.

Thanks
    Stefan

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hi,

@Rob:
    - I already noticed this behaviour on landing, I will look at it. Best to keep doing manual landings until then...
    - Regarding the pitch down on GS interception, I will look again at it, but I do not think it does overcome the normal AP g-load limits?
    - The AP coeff editor was not really meant to be in the public version in the first place, forgot to remove it. If you lost the settings, the best is to reinstall the AP.
    - SPLRs: I'm on it.

@Leonidas:
    - I will do soem tests regarding the sound module, this is weird.
    - I will also look ath this speed tape issue, really makes me wonder!!

@Stefan
    1. ongoing issue
    2. this is normal (and wasn't correct in earlier versions)
    3. You should not use this key to set the QNH. The QNH setting is set internally, and is different from the FS QNH. The altitude is then calculated internally as well. If you want to set the QNH setting to the actual QNH, you should get it by other means (like probably in FS/Weather oprions)
    4. ongoing issue
    5,6,7. please check the FPS limit of FS is set at 30fps.

Cheers,
    JL

Hi again,

for those using Opencockpit I/O cards, the SPLRs issue should be gone. Update using the automatic updater.

Cheers,
    JL

Hi JL,

Thanks for the update. Will try it these days.

#1 Regarding your answer to Stefans issues with Autothrust, roll and pitch behaviour..."5,6,7. please check the FPS limit of FS is set at 30fps."

How does the FPS limit influence the control laws ? I see the same issues with FSX. I use an external frame rate limiter set @ 25FPS. In FSX it is set to unlimited FPS. With these settings i.e. the autothrust worked fine in b28. Now I see this nervous N1 needle at constant speed and altitude, the nervous rolling when on final approach... So is that really an FPS issue?

#2 Have you seen that nervous stall tape as well?

#3 For LOC and GS capture transition. Do you know this nice video:

PFD and ND VIEW on APPROACH (Primary Flight Display and Navigation Display) - YouTube

Interesting is that LOC* is active even before the LOC bug starts to move. The roll is introduced really smooth. I took a stop-watch. It takes about 9 seconds from 0° to max. bank when LOC* is initialized.

For GS transition I will seach for another video since this one here shows an intercept with a vertical speed. Keep in mind that for GS activation, LOC* mode must be on.

Best regards and a big thank you!
    Robert

Hi,

The FPS is critical for calculations inside AP/FBW. The control surfaces need realtime data to make sure they are moved appropriately. Please REALLY use 30 fps, either with FS or external limiter. I changed a LOT of things in the AP/FBW.

The stall and A.Prot tapes are nervous, because from now on they take into consideration the actual stall angle of incindence, not a fixed stall speed. So under g-loads, the stall speed increase (square root of the gload). This is a real feature. I will try to smooth a bit though.

JL

Hi,

the speed bug staying at 0 on remote computers should be corrected by the latest automatic update.

Cheers,
    JL