Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tim

PMRJ PDF Display Question

Curious if others see this and if it has already been reporterd.

When looking at the PDF, in the upper left corner, next to the top of the airspeed readout, and under the HDG/VOR/LOC boxes, there is some type of lettering that partically displays when flaps are lowered. If flaps are up, nothing is there. Appears to be yellow in color.

Any idea what this is and why it is partically visible?

Thanks

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I will take a look tonight when i do some test flying? but i dont recall ever seeing it.
    Mike G.

Yes i see exactly what you are talking about but have no idea what it says. it almost looks like the word is to far up and needs to be pulled down just a little bit.
    Mike G.

Tim
    Ok, thanks. I'll report it.

Not sure if you know this but there is an undocumented (last time I looked at the doc file) key command for Flight Controls.

Press the "T" key and the fuel dispaly to flight controls. I did not check tonight, since FSX crashed on me again on decent to KCHA, but at one time the flight control graphics did move when you moved the yoke. Trim setting does still work.

10+ Posting Member

PMRJ has lot of bugs

Hi all,

I must say that PMRJ has a lot of bugs : the EICAS shows the APU status, but the ND says it is allways off. All pressure displays are flat. Terrain display is very unpredictable, one time it works, the ather flight on same area, it says terrain or terrain available but don't work.

I have reported these bugs since more then 18 months, and since almost 2 update are gone, but my bugs are not updated.

If anybody knows how I could control my PMRJ software with FSUIPC and Goflight keys, it would be nice ! I can only send keystrokes to GFkeys, but I want to send direct commands to the PMRJ and PM Systems but don't find any usable doc telling me how to use a PM function and the offsets in FSUIPC in the right way when this function doesn't exist in FSUIPC functions.

There are different docs (and an old one has teh "T" command to switch tanks/controls, but I have not found what I need.

Denis

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

PM software has there own codes and offsets for FSUIPC and you will find them in the FSUIPC SDK documents at Peter's site along with an explanation on how to use them.
    Bob Reed

Tim
    Hi Denis,

Yes, there are many issues with the RJ software. I suspect it is not a big seller so not much reason to fix them. The Boeing and Airbus people are screaming louder.

I use a GoFlight RP-48 to control the RJ nav display range setting and to turn On/Off airport, vor, ndb, fixes, and weather.

From memory, I think you have to add a copy of the GoFlight .dll to the Modules folder. I believe Pete Dowson has documented this in either the basic or advanced FSUIPC documentation.

I noticed the other day that there is a new main PM documentaion file for download.

Tim
    Page 26 of the FSUIPC Documentation

26 GoFlight equipment GoFlight buttons and rotary dials can also be programmed here・but take care that you don・t have both Goflight and FSUIPC4 acting on the same buttons as FSUIPC4 is not able to override the original programming. For GoFlight buttons to be recognised you must have the GoFlight module (GFDev.dll) installed either in the GoFlight program folder (where the Gfconfig program is installed) or, possibly easier, just place a copy into the FSX Modules folder, alongside FSUIPC4.DLL. If you install the latest version of the GoFlight software the correct DLL is installed automatically for you, but otherwise I provide one you can download from my Support Forum (by kind permission of GoFlight Inc). GoFlight buttons will all have high ―joystick‖numbers in FSUIPC4.

I have noticed in the new DOC file (not sure if it was there before) the TAB key says it Switches to the next Engine display page.....but if i hit TAB nothing happens so i am assuming it is just another Bug. And since were on the idea of Bugs I have also noticed that the COM freq does not change when turning the knob while inside FSX for that matter it does not show a change even when using an outside sourced knob. Ctrl-C is listed twice as a command one for the TCAS and one for the Engine page but it does not work for the Engine Page. I does not work unless of course it will only work with the FMS then I wont know at this time.
    Mike G.

10+ Posting Member

Hi Tim,

Thank you for advice. Also, FSUIPC can detect my modules, but I don't know how to set up the commands : wich offset, value and so...

Let me know 1 or 2 examples : If I want to set TCAS on (so, a PMRJ offset) or to set an engine valve (PM System offset), FSUIPC never says my function is wrong, it simply don't apply, and there is annoying !

Best regards

Denis

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Hi Denis,

Yes, there are many issues with the RJ software. I suspect it is not a big seller so not much reason to fix them. The Boeing and Airbus people are screaming louder.

I use a GoFlight RP-48 to control the RJ nav display range setting and to turn On/Off airport, vor, ndb, fixes, and weather.

From memory, I think you have to add a copy of the GoFlight .dll to the Modules folder. I believe Pete Dowson has documented this in either the basic or advanced FSUIPC documentation.

I noticed the other day that there is a new main PM documentaion file for download.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast