Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Navdata

Tim

New Navdata

Not sure what happened to the original post so here it is again.

I just noticed a new update for navdata on the pm updates page. I thought navdata was now supplied by Navigraph?

There is no mention of the new navdata build on the pm Notam page. Anyone know what the update is about?

Tim

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

The new update is to test the Navdata for integrity. Seems the Navdata has been causing a lot of the trouble in the CDU.
    Bob Reed

It was so that with the use of previous beta navdata instead of the Navigraph airac cycles, problems as route going crazy when selecting a direct go to a waypoint later in the route and so, were finished.
    Enrico contacted Navigraph about it, and I suppose this is now a "corrected" beta version to test with.
    As soon I have the possibility to do so, I will report here (and to Enrico of course).
    B. Rgds
    Michel
    general website : users.telenet.be/michel.vandaele
    my spaces: http://michelmvd.spaces.live.com/
    email : michelmvd@hotmail.com

Tim
    Thanks for the clarification.

Tim

This makes me wonder why PM does not inform ALL users of these issues. We ALL need to know about bugs, fixes etc - don't we? There is scant information about issues and updates on the PM site ... nothing on NOTAMS, very little info on Navdata and Latest pages. They are fixing bugs .. great .. lets hear about it!

And yes I have asked this question to PM directly ... twice ... with no reply. I have sent a list of CDU bugs/issues also - no reply.

I appreciate the tid-bits of info we get here from other users but that should not be the primary and only source of information. PM should be doing that for the whole user group ... not selectively by email. It can't be that hard to update a web page or send a bulk email.
    Nic D'Alessandro
    737NG builder (Hobart, Australia)
    http://simsation.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by NicD View Post
    This makes me wonder why PM does not inform ALL users of these issues. We ALL need to know about bugs, fixes etc - don't we? There is scant information about issues and updates on the PM site ... nothing on NOTAMS, very little info on Navdata and Latest pages. They are fixing bugs .. great .. lets hear about it!
    You are absolutely right here. Not that long ago, you could find many posts on forums singing praises about PM & Enrico, even after he announced the price increases. It's very sad that all I have read lately is criticism & complaints about PM.

It would take very little communication from Enrico to restore all the good vibes that most of us had at some time or another towards PM. But lately, this communication has totally dried out. Let's hope this is just a temporary state of affairs and not what we can expect in the future.

Maurice

Hello,

From my point of view the problem is that PM moved the old forum here as another user to user support and public discussion forum about FS, PM products, etc etc.
    Enrico said this is not the official support place, so the support team does not participate here to help or solve issues, but only via private emails.

Via private emails ONE asks but also ONE learns

We lost the contact with PM team ......., we lost many friends from old forums

Eddie

Yes, good points there.

When PM moved the forum here and we lost that contact it was the same time that prices rose, and the same time there was talk around about PM not supporting amateur builders anymore. PM said that was just gossip, but the coincidences makes you wonder a bit.

Maybe they don't want a public paper-trail of support problems and bugs on their site (i.e. an active user forum), and they'd rather keep it in the amateur corner over here where their big customers don't look? Maybe it's easier for them to handle us one-by-one.

I said it then and I'll say it now - ditching the support forum and going to individual email support only is just plain dumb.

I think it's time someone from PM came on here and discussed this with us.
    Nic D'Alessandro
    737NG builder (Hobart, Australia)
    http://simsation.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by oal331 View Post
    Hello,

Enrico said this is not the official support place, so the support team does not participate here to help or solve issues, but only via private emails.

Eddie
    And this is where the problem lies. Unless everyone shares what they found from a private e-mail with everyone in a public forum, then PM support will keep getting the same questions asked over & over and that impedes their ability to work on the truly important issues.

This forum does help a lot because many of us share our findings, but I'm 100% sure that many questions have been answered by PM support that did not get published anywhere.

I still think that a forum moderated or at least visited by PM support people was the best approach. Too bad we lost that.

Maurice

25+ Posting Member

Looks like going the Microsoft way..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast