Page 30 of 81 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
    25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS beta 28

Hi JL
    Thanks for the update. I tested the latest version for some hours and all worked fine. PC1 with Captain PFD, ND; PC2 with STBY, EWD, SD and FDS hardware; PC3 with MCDU, OVHD; and finally the FSX server running CPFlight FCU.

CPFlight FCU: has now better reaction/feedback time. However, it is still a bit slow in response.

WideFMGS client/server: I was running it for some hours. Never had a disconnect. The performance of the data transfer is fast and all instruments run smoothly. I also run some start-up test of WideFMGS, which I would like to share here. All described use cases are reproducable (at least on my PC).

Use Case 1: Starting client first, then server
    - Start all WideFMGS clients on all PCs
    - Start A320 server with WideFMGS server -> all client connect -> OK
    - Stop one of the client WideFMGS -> FMGSserver ends (program terminates)
    -
    A320 server shows all clients disconnected after some seconds, except 'STBY' remains 'connected'

Use Case 2: Start server first, then all clients
    - Start A320 server with WideFMGSserver
    - Start clients with WideFMGS -> the client connects to FMGSserver -> after some seconds A320 server shows connected -> OK
    - Stop one of the
    client WideFMGS -> FMGSserver ends (program terminates)
    - A320 server shows all clients disconnected after some seconds, except 'STBY' remains 'connected'

Regardless if server or client is stared first, a client shutdown also shuts down the FMGSserver.

Use Case 3: End FMGSserver manually
    - Start A320 Server
    - Start client: OVHD, MCDU -> FMGSserver connects -> A320 server reports connected -> OK
    - Start client: Captain PFD, ND -> FMGSserver connects -> A320 server reports connected -> OK
    - Start client: STBY, EWD, SD -> FMGSserver connects -> A320 server reports connected -> OK
    - Stop FMGSserver -> A320 server shows all clients disconnected after some seconds, except 'STBY' remains 'connected'
    - Start FMGSserver -> error: "System Error. Code 1410. Class already exists." -> confirm message with 'OK' -> FMGS server 'not responding' -> manually terminated
    - Start FMGSserver again -> startup now OK, but no client connects
    - Terminate client OVHD, MCDU
    - Start client OVHD, MCDU -> FMGSserver connects -> A320 server reports connected -> OK

If the FMGSserver terminates, clients don't connect automatically anymore. The clients have to be restarted. If the FMGSserver is being started manually after manual termination, an error (code 1410) occurs. The 2nd time the server is being started, then it's ok.

Interesting is also that within A320 Server, the STBY instrument remains always in 'connected' state, if if the FMGSserver or the client of STBY is down.

That's all for the time being. The positive feedback is certainly, that this version is flyable very nicely. Thanks for your effort.
    Regards
    Adrian

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by AirFan View Post
    both TERR on ND buttons work and the ON remains on. (I have momentary switches)
    Rob
    Thanks Rob for your feedback too. In this case I have momentary switches too. It's weird because the other three Auto Brake buttons connected to same FDS hardware work fine...
    Regards

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hi,

@Leo:
    1. they should work just as before, or they may not work but because of a bug not linked to the file format
    2. I'll have a look at that
    3. As said, from the sidestick you can only disconnect the AP.
    4. Maybe one of your stick is not calibrated correctly and is not seen in neutral position.
    5. There are options in IITcreator to use momentary switches in a toggle mode. The ND On Terrain button should be a latching switch (i.e. stay pushed in when activated).

@Rob: If you do not see ARPTs, NDBs, etc, probably the navdata is not correctly installed, which is weird. Tell us how it goes after reinstallling.

@Christian: which aircraft model do you use? it is mandataory to use the one provided with the installation package.

@Adrian: thanks for the feedback. I have noticed some of them too, I'll look at it.

I will be away from programming for a week, i'll try to read the forums regularly though.

Best regards,
    JL

Hi JL,

you ask for some feedback for my personal ND problem on the client: Well, I removed the complete software from the client and reinstalled it. I have not touched the server which actually contains the NAV data. Now it's working correctly. Who knows?
    But I also have to say that this version is really excellent! Just a tiny tweak to sort out the strange starting order issues of client and server ... then you can proceed with new stuff

BTW: I still wait on the video of brake temps, I really hope to get it within the next weeks... meanwhile I started to think of a reasonable temp model. My idea is a simple linaer system with "heating cofficients" and "cooling coefficient". Each of these coefficients define a cetain delta temp effect over a time step.

a heating coefficient "HC" could be for example:
    1. brake intensity * decel. rate * AC weight
    2. brake intensity * positve thrust setting

a cooling coefficient "CC" could be for example:
    1. gear *
    1/total ambient temp * AC speedgear up
    with gear = 0.1 for gear up and gear =1 for gear down

2. brake fan on or off

so you could integrate these coefficients over the time and seperatly define an influnence factor with the X's.

deltatemp=previoustemp + X*HC1 + X*HC2 - X*CC1 - X*CC2.

I know this does not represent heat transfer properly (which is not linear) but maybe worth a try? So by tweaking these coefficients we might get a reasonable temp model which can be ajusted to some real values. I hope I explained it correctly. See it as some brainstroming. Maybe you have a better idea.

How did you do it so far? you can PM me or send me an email...
    Enjoy your programming free week Thanks!

Rob

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi all,

with the current version I am having the problem that if I use the Captain's ND Dimmer on the Loudspeaker Panel, the Captains's MCDU is dimming. The PFD Poti is dimming the ND. Of course the potis are assigned to the correct action within Skalarki's profiler. If I use B27, this is working fine.

Another problem on my autobrake panel (Skalarki's as well) which I installed this weekend (and this one is happening on both B27 and B2: The green triangles ("3 Green") remain lit througout the whole flight. The red "UNLCK" lights do not show up at all during gear going down or up. Has anyone else the same problem? I am quite sure I defined everything correct in Skalarki's profiler (events for LED on and off). Anyone else using Skalarki's Autobrake Panel and it works as it should?

Thanks for any help.

Stefan

I forgot to mention one thing: When you load a saved route the ILS is not auto tuned. In that case you have to manually insert the ILS on the MCDU. I assume that the real AC also auto tunes the ILS for a saved route.
    Cheers,
    Rob

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Hi,
    @Leo:
    1. they should work just as before, or they may not work but because of a bug not linked to the file format
    2. I'll have a look at that
    3. As said, from the sidestick you can only disconnect the AP.
    4. Maybe one of your stick is not calibrated correctly and is not seen in neutral position.
    5. There are options in IITcreator to use momentary switches in a toggle mode. The ND On Terrain button should be a latching switch (i.e. stay pushed in when activated).
    JL
    1. This mean should I keep my routes?
    4. F/O does not have sidestick, so it's OK
    5. The only option I can see is the Invert check box, wich I tested. My TERR ON ND button is not latching, other buttons (AUTO BRK) neither, but work perfectly!

25+ Posting Member

Hi All,

This package contains a reworked sounds folder contents of JLFMGS sound module. the recording was made directly from the system's digital A320, via callout control system. not all sounds have been converted (limited availability of technical personnel a320 ..... sigh!).
    The folder also contains a detailed record of APU (Start-Run-Stop) for future implementations. Installation: Rename the original folder and copy the folder JLSound sound, rename it to the original Sound folder.

Download here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p9a0hf7ofvkad95/JLSounds.rar

greetings

25+ Posting Member

Hi there!
    silly question: I have two 5" displays connected to one PC running FMGS MCDUs. Problem: the MCDU-displays overlap each other when I adjust them to show the display area only. No way to find a positition that works properly. Solution could be, to provide a screen with the display area only (no keys). Not implemented as i know, any idea for a workaround ?

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by immaging View Post
    You have a PM...