Thread: A320 FMGS B31

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B31

Quote Originally Posted by stefangr View Post
    Hi JL,

thanks for your efforts. I am having once more question regarding the NavData and entering a route in MCDU. I am trying to enter the following route which was generated by PFPX:

EDDF TOBA8D TOBAK Z10 GISEM N850 PIROT UL126 ROBEG N850 NIE Z88 VERED VERE2P EDDW

This is what I do in MCDU on Flight Plan page (after setting up INIT page etc.):
    - Enter waypoint TOBAK
    - Select entered waypoint, choose AIRWAYS
    - Enter 1st airway Z10
    - Enter 2nd airway N850 -> MCDU responds with "GISEM" in column "TO" (which matches the above routing)
    - Enter 3rd airway UL126 -> MCDU reponds with "MIC" in column "TO" (which should be PIROT according the above routing).

Is anybody else encountering the same problem? Is there anything I am doing wrong?

Thanks
    Stefan
    Maybe, it occourse because UL126 airway ends at MIC, you have to insert also exit waypoint , in this case ROBEG , in TO field.
    P3D V5 HF1 - PC spec: Intel i5-6600K, 16 GB DDR4 2400, GPU Nvidia GTX1070ti, M2 SSD NVme, JH FMGS, GSX, ASP3D+ASCA+ENVSHADE

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

HI,

I'll try that when I have the time to. Sometimes there are small glitches in the AWY. YOu can always enter the points manually.

Regards,
    JL

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by asessa View Post
    Maybe, it occourse because UL126 airway ends at MIC, you have to insert also exit waypoint , in this case ROBEG , in TO field.
    Normally I don't need to enter the waypoints between airways, only the final waypoint before transition into STAR. In all other cases the system normally knows where airways cross and takes this as waypoint between the airways.

In this case I would normally expect only to enter TOBAK-Z10-N850-UL126-N850-Z88-VERED

Stefan

Hi JL,

#1 after some flights I have a really relevant issue with hardware connect module. Every once in a while the module keeps crashing. Any idea? I experienced it the first time with 31.1 but maybe it was there before. Did you touch it with your last upgrade? Anybody experiencing the same?

#2 I dont know how other users handle the manual flare but in my case it is REALLY REALLY hard job as the aircraft seems to handle completly different after a really quick transitions between the 40 and 30 call out. I am aware of the issue about the too hard/quick pitch down command but is there any other change in the control loop when your software puts the ACFT in FLARE MODE?

#3 Is there any way to fix issues in the new nav data set as this is not in ascii code anymore? I.e. go to YMLT on Tasmania/Australia runway 32. Almost all SID look strange after first fix on that airport.

Thank you and regards,
    Robert

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by AirFan View Post
    Hi JL,

#1 after some flights I have a really relevant issue with hardware connect module. Every once in a while the module keeps crashing. Any idea? I experienced it the first time with 31.1 but maybe it was there before. Did you touch it with your last upgrade? Anybody experiencing the same?

#2 I dont know how other users handle the manual flare but in my case it is REALLY REALLY hard job as the aircraft seems to handle completly different after a really quick transitions between the 40 and 30 call out. I am aware of the issue about the too hard/quick pitch down command but is there any other change in the control loop when your software puts the ACFT in FLARE MODE?

#3 Is there any way to fix issues in the new nav data set as this is not in ascii code anymore? I.e. go to YMLT on Tasmania/Australia runway 32. Almost all SID look strange after first fix on that airport.

Thank you and regards,
    Robert
    Hi Rob,

#1: The same for me. I have experienced a crash of the hardware connect module from time to time already in version 30, but it looks it's happening more often in 31.

#2: It's sometimes really hard to make a smooth landing when the A/C is moving down at 30ft. Landing was easier before version 30

Thanks
    Stefan

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Stefan, I'm still looking into it. I do not know why it won't correctly load on your system, I personnaly do not have any issues with it...
    There should be a log file inside navdata folder, can you post it?

JL
    Hi JL,

these are the log files after a fresh PC boot without restarting the service manually.
    On Server PC:
    Code:
    RootPath=C:\A320FMGS31\Navdata\
    Thread1 launched
    -BGL scan:
      -ScenerycfgPath:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg
      -FSroot:C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\
      -Folders Nb:123
    Thread2 launched
    Server init OK
      -FS ILS Nb:3460

NavDB1 done:
     -ARPTliste:14484
     -NavaidListe:18236
     -FIXliste:177692
     -AWYsegments:94492

NavDB2 done:

393478: connected
    On Client PC (where NDs are running on):

Code:
    Thread1 launched
    -BGL scan:
      -ScenerycfgPath:
      -FSroot:
      -Folders Nb:0
    Thread2 launched
    Server init OK

NavDB1 done:

NavDB2 done:

3277068: connected
    4784186: connected
    these are the log files after I have restarted the services on both PCs manually:
    On Server PC:
    Code:
    Thread1 launched
    -BGL scan:
      -ScenerycfgPath:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg
      -FSroot:C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\
      -Folders Nb:123
    Thread2 launched
    Server init OK
      -FS ILS Nb:3460

NavDB1 done:

NavDB2 done:

131162: connected
    On Client PC (where NDs are running on):
    Code:
    Thread1 launched
    -BGL scan:
      -ScenerycfgPath:
      -FSroot:
      -Folders Nb:0
    Thread2 launched
    Server init OK

NavDB1 done:

NavDB2 done:

115278156: connected
    14549050: connected
    I think it almost looks the same (except for the last lines with "connected"). The only thing making me wonder are the paths. I am having FS9 and FSX both installed on the PC, but using mainly FS9 still (FSX only for testing). I am starting JLWare with the FS9 starter of course. But on the other hand, the folders are on FSX as well after restarting the services, and then it works fine.

Thanks
    Stefan

Hi,

@Rob:
    #1: no changes from my side. What hardware do you use? Turn the loggind on in hardware connect, might give you some more clues.

#2: I made some small changes yes in other control laws, what are the exact issues you have?

#3: not possible manually anymore. I'll have a try at YMLT when I get the chance to have some free time.

@Stefan: If you have both sim installed, the software will use by default FSX for its navdata needs. It is only used to correlate ILS data between navdata and FS (to remove offset on ILS approach). You can change the path manually if you want, just make it point to the fodler where FSscenery.cfg is located.
    I'm still working on fixing the initial startup crash (which results in no data loading). By the way, any difference between those computers which can indicate why it worked on one and not the other?

Regards,
    JL

Hi,

@Rob:
    #1: no changes from my side. What hardware do you use? Turn the loggind on in hardware connect, might give you some more clues.

#2: I made some small changes yes in other control laws, what are the exact issues you have?
    Hi JL,

#1 I use the Skalarki FCU. Rest is OC driven. I will take a look at the loggin feature and report back.

#2 Well, everything is ok up to ~ 40ft-30ft AGL before touchdown. The ACFT does this rapid pitch down which you need to compensate just on time otherwise you pitch up or the ACFT ram itself into the ground. Sometimes you pull full back stick due to the pitch down effect and all of a sudden the ACFT is pitching up rapidly with a positiv rate of climb. As Stefan said, the landing was way better in early versions before b30.

In general I also noticed that the roll command became abit "woobly". When you release the stick the ACFT seems to overswing too much in roll. Setting a precise bank by "first time right" is not so simple.

#3 and sometimes during the TO run, the Autoland korry just flashes for a really short time??? Any idea?

#4 Besides ATHR is still pumping, I got another not so relevant questions for the ECAM with respect to the mysterious blue Arcs on N1 indicators --> My understand is that the blue arcs should show the actual engine N1 speeds if there is any delta between actual N1 speed and lever position. I.e. you are at idle and you put the levers to TOGA quickly. The blue arc would start from idle speed all the way up to TOGA N1 and disappear. So it shows you the spool up.
    But how about a rapid reduction of applied Thurst? So you put the levers from TOGA to idle? I would expect that the blue arc is full up to TOGA and then reducing its size down to idle following the applied lever position. But that is not the case. I dont really get the logic of this indicator in your software. Could you explain it?

#5 and sometimes during TO right after rotation/lift off the managed NAV solid green flight path becomes dashed??? Any idea?

Cheers,
    Rob

Hi,

All persons having issues with hardwareconnect use Skalarki hardware. I'm quite sure the issue lies in his DLL module for hardware connect...

The N1 blue arc should be between actual N1 and commanded N1 (which can be different than THR LVR position). In some cases, this does not work properly yet, but this is not an important issue.

After lift off, it can be that NAV mode does not engage because the trajectory is a bot off the normal NAV trajectory. Do you get an "adjust hdg/trk" message on the MCDU?

Regards,
    JL

Hi,

All persons having issues with hardwareconnect use Skalarki hardware. I'm quite sure the issue lies in his DLL module for hardware connect...

The N1 blue arc should be between actual N1 and commanded N1 (which can be different than THR LVR position). In some cases, this does not work properly yet, but this is not an important issue.

After lift off, it can be that NAV mode does not engage because the trajectory is a bot off the normal NAV trajectory. Do you get an "adjust hdg/trk" message on the MCDU?

Regards,
    JL
    well, it is a pitty that alot of users seem to have some issues with the connection to your SW when using Skalarki. For the NAV issue: Yes... sometimes it pops up on the MCDU. Maybe you can play with the accucarcy limits in these first seconds of flight to avoid this behaviour.

Well, my home-pit has been sold and will be picked up before christmas from his new owner. However, I will probably start a new construction. So I will stick with your great SW but there will be a break as I will have no hardware and subsequently this will affect the feedback to you from my side.

Great Software!!!!

Cheers,
    Robert

Page 10 of 98 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast