Cheers,
    JL

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS beta 24

I had inadvertently uploaded the older package, very sorry for that, it's OK now...

Also, the font was changed (new character: " ). It seems windows does not actually replace the font by the new during installation, you need to manually remove the old one and install the new one after.

Best wishes,
    JL

25+ Posting Member

Hi:
    I have here a few problems that i try to explain...maybe my errors of the use of the software but...
    1 - In MCDU i had enter a FL in my Flight Plan...it was 15000 feets...I had make a route and MCDU increase in the FL the FL initial...I had attached a image..I have Poins with FL446 etc etc etc.
    2 - I had just see one time the route in ND...picture attached too...Something wrong?I need to do something for the route appear?
    3 - I have a computer with PWD/ED, but the server don't connect the PWD...any tip to resolve this?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by sacramento View Post
    1 - In MCDU i had enter a FL in my Flight Plan...it was 15000 feets...I had make a route and MCDU increase in the FL the FL initial...I had attached a image..I have Poins with FL446 etc etc etc.
    I'll look at that
    2 - I had just see one time the route in ND...picture attached too...Something wrong?I need to do something for the route appear?
    You must align the IRS both on the OVHD panel and in MCDU INIT page
    3 - I have a computer with PWD/ED, but the server don't connect the PWD...any tip to resolve this?
    most of the times errors like that are because of bad IP/port in the network.cfg, or because the computer is not in the same workgroup as the server computer.

JL

25+ Posting Member

Hi,

i also have connection problems.

I use 2 pcs. One with the flight sim, the server, the fcu and the fbw module and one with pfd, nd, sd, ewd, stby instruments, mcdu and overhead. Both are in the same workgroup, both have correct ip adresses, the same subnet mask etc.. And the nd and the cdu do not connect to the server. All other components on the second pc connect. But the ewd connects, then disconnects, then connects etc.

Strange thing: i can enter routes etc. Into the cdu, but the nd definetely does not work (dark screen, when all other screens are powered and irs alignment is finished)

I have registered fsuipc (latest version) and wide fs server (although not needed anymore)

Cheers,

Markus

25+ Posting Member

Hi:

Thanks for your reply...
    It's weard because the computer that i have problem with PFW, it's the same that i have no problems with ED, and both PFW and ED are side by side, and one work and other don't!

Concerning ND, thanks for the tip, i think i had read something in your instructions, but sory i had forgot!

Annother subject...today i had try to make a flight with your software and i have a few problems with the FCU...in Take off and cruise everything work well, but the problems start, when i start my descent...The A/P disconnect himself, the airspeed can't mantain the value that MCDU have in the route, the LOC,APP don't catch the Localizer and glideslope...Well, certainly i have something wrong, because it's not possible, in this time, and with all tests that you and the guys here in the forum had make, this kind of problems ins't!The question is:What is the good setup for working with the A320 FMGS...
    The FCU could work with the PFD and the ND in the same computer?Or we need one computer just for FCU?

Thanks

Hello Markus and Sacramento,

Maybe your issues are performance related. It is possible that if one of the computer is not powerful enough, it breaks the connection of some of the DUs. Can you check how many CPU is used (task manager then processes tab)? What are the specs of the computers you are using?
    Also, when one instruments cannot reconnect (like MCDU/FCU or else) try to close it and open it again (just that instrument).

JL

25+ Posting Member

Hi JL:

This is my setting for fly:
    1 - Main Computer is a Pentium Core 2 Duo, with a Geforce 8800 GTX, with 4 Gb RAM, and running FS, FCU, server,FBW!
    2 - Other PC with PFD and ND...This computer is a AMD with 1Gb RAM, Graphic Card is Geforce 4400 TI
    3 - Annother PC with MCDU and Overhead it's a AMD with 1GB RAM
    4 - Annother PC with PWD-ED is a pentium III

all computers with Windows XP...

It was good that we have some knowledge with the machines and configurations that we can take the best performance, if not we can't analyse if we have problems, because the computers are not in the best profile, or if is some bugs off the software!

PS: you have some of this problems related?

Thanks
    MS

The pentium III is maybe a bit too slow for the EWD.
    I recommend dual cores at least whenever possible, as my software makes best profit of multi cores computer.

I personaly can run all soft on one qud core i7. Problem is then number of screens...

JL

25+ Posting Member

Hi JL:

Yes i had see the Pentium III don't give the best performance...
    Ah you run all software in one computer....Off course you had make tests with the modules in a network with clients no? Because the thinks change when we work troughout network, and i think that's the problem!

Thanks
    Sacramento