Page 64 of 118 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS beta 22

Hi,

I have recently downloaded the JeeHell (A320FMGS) software. I intended to use it with my A320 simulator to replace my current Wilco software. What i did was that I installed the software and followed all the steps in the manual up to the step which says that I should start up the batteries. I was not able to click on any of the buttons/switches. It was just as if it was a picture. I don't know if I perhaps had missed any step. I had followed the guide and opened the PA/IFDG A320 which is included in the package.
    I would be glad if you could help me solve this matter as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Sascha

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hello,

this means you have troubles with FSUIPC connection. Check that you have a working FSUIPC installed, and that the little software called FSUIPCconnect is running. Some people reported it's better to launch FSUIPCconnect last, after all other software.

Regards,
    JL

Hello again JL,

Yes, I have a working FSUIPC installed.
    I tried switching on the FSUIPCconnect software after everything else. But it did not work either. At some windows it is said that it is connected to the FMGS server, on other, it is the opposite "Not connected to the FMGS server". When I pressed the "Reset hardware" button I got the following errors: IO error 32, IO error 103.

Please also confirm that I am doing everything correct and in the right order. After installing and configuring I do it in this order:
    1) Switch on the FMGS starter together with all the other software.
    2) open the PA A320 in FS2004 which is included in the package. (I have heard some people use normal IFDG and just take the panel folder away...)
    3)Try to switch om batteries, but it does not work to move any of the switches or buttons.

Regards,
    Sascha

Hello,

I need more information on your setup: how many computers and what soft run on which etc... Also what hardware do you use. And try to change the decimal separator to '.' in wondows regional settings.

JL

Hello JL,

I so far only have one computer. I use Windows Vista x64. My processor is Intel Core 2 DUO P7350 @ 2.00 GHz with 4 GB RAM. I use it with Matrox tripple head 2go (3 additional screens) and FS2004.
    I will try that.

/S

Hi again,

check in FS9 in the modules menu if you have EXT PWR and GND HP for instance. You can try to also reinstall FSUIPC.

JL

good evening JL,

as promised here a new video regarding the ILS problems I struggle with. Sorry for the strange look, I just clicked on the wrong output-resolution in the editing software and I dont have time to do it again. Anyhow, one can read it... this time LOC was captured first and it still goes back to GS* and it describes the problem pretty good...
    but take a look.

https://rapidshare.com/files/2372599099/ILS_issue2.mp4

thanks&good night!

Rob

Hello Rob,

Ok I see what you mean now. In fact it worked pretty good
    The only weird thing is the GS capture, usually it won't go that much above the glide path during capture, but capture it smoothly from below. I suspect this is because you had asked for a very low speed, and the ACFT was still trying to reduce speed when the nose down command arrived for the GS capture.
    As for the loss of GS around 400ft, this is sadly one of the limitation of FS, as the resolution of the GS deviation from FS is not good at all, especially when you are near the runway (and usually happens at around 400ft...). I wonder how far from the touch down you did actually touch?

JL

Hi JL,

i can't really tell you how far the AC touched down in the vid since I just recorded the pfd. As far as I remember it was some hundred feet down the runway. At least it was on the runway
    You could be right that the reversion to GS* during the capture might be related to the low speed. I can do some more tests if it helps you in any way.

However, It's a pity that it's losing the GS so close to the runway threshold even the AC has stablized. Any clue how others have solved this problem? I am just wondering how some of the addon producers managed this FS limitation? I assume there are different options wrt the algorithm? As far as I know some products provide pretty reliable ILS approaches, even with gust or crosswind conditions.

BTW: What are your plans for the near future? Do you want to continue implementing ecam messages/failures/flight law changes... whatsoever... or do you plan to improve and refine the bugs like ILS behaviour, flare, flight plan issues, time to next waypoint, the SRS issue, brake temps etc. before you expand any system details?

and... I know you are busy...but have you taken a look at the reverser issue I mentioned with 2 levers?

and... something different: do you know what triggers the FS call-out "don't sink" during an approach?

Let me know if there is anything I can do regarding more testing.

Cheers mate,
    Rob

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by AirFan View Post
    and... I know you are busy...but have you taken a look at the reverser issue I mentioned with 2 levers?
    I tried this out in our setup and both nr 1 and 2 reverse works fine, independently of each other (FMGS 22.1).

Marcus