Thread: A320 FMGS B35

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B35

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    Wow -- my first inflight emergency, and I didn't self-trigger it --

Flying from Dubai to OOMS -- any idea what could have turned it on? Okay, so I didn't turn on the PACKS...and its really hot in dubai...but I thought that wasn't modelled?

It's the same problem i had last tuesday.
    http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...l=1#post151880

I updated yesterday and i performed a new flight without problem.
    P3D V5 HF1 - PC spec: Intel i5-6600K, 16 GB DDR4 2400, GPU Nvidia GTX1070ti, M2 SSD NVme, JH FMGS, GSX, ASP3D+ASCA+ENVSHADE

2. Dislikes SSO disliked this post
    150+ Forum Groupie

ben the air conditioning (packs) is not only used for passengers comfort but mostly for pressurization that could be the reason i guess
    fil

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

But I never turn on the packs Fil

p.s is there any way we can save the state or a 'situation' of FMGS? That would allow us to share the file and help to debug problems.

Regards.

150+ Forum Groupie

i dunno ben because i always turn them on as per normal procedures and never had the failure.
    regards
    fil

Quote Originally Posted by filippoporcari View Post
    i dunno ben because i always turn them on as per normal procedures and never had the failure.
    regards
    fil
    fil, i had the packs on when i had the same problem of ben. As JL said, i performed a new update and in last flight i had no problems.

For sure the packs must be ON , but is normal to have it off during takeoff and approach
    P3D V5 HF1 - PC spec: Intel i5-6600K, 16 GB DDR4 2400, GPU Nvidia GTX1070ti, M2 SSD NVme, JH FMGS, GSX, ASP3D+ASCA+ENVSHADE

150+ Forum Groupie

antonio just reported my experience
    to be correct: it's an option to have the packs off for takeoff as per standard operating procedures by companies but they must be turned on passing thrust reduction altitude.
    never read on any fcom, fctm or sop to turn them off during the approach; it may be at pilot discretion but in very few situations: packs set to off give more engines' efficiency at high thrust settings (usually takeoff).
    all the best
    fil

Just updated the system with the latest update.
    After this the secondary PC running Software OH, MDCU constantly looses contact to the primary PC.
    It works fine for a few minuts - then they loose contact and dont find each other again.

On the main P3D PC each time I enter the Configure.exe - the FSX is running on this PC option is off. The connections on the FS Sim function well.
    Other programs like vPilot and Aviasoft EFB also running of my secondary PC do not loose the connection...

Thoughts?

/Stephen
    Cheers Stephen
    P3Dv4 Prof, FMGS A320, 1080p OH for ext. & 1080p 24" for int., TM Warthog, VATSIM (vPilot)

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi,

I want to enter the following route in MCDU: EDDM ALG1S ALG Y109 MILKA UQ227 ULMES ULME1P LSGG
    whereas I do not enter MILKA since it comes automatically between the 2 airways. This is what I get:

LSGG-ULME1P.PNG

I cannot delete the discontinuity, it says it's not allowed. Only when I delete the "MANUAL" above, I can also delete the discontinuity. Is that the right way to do it? What is the "MANUAL" line about?

Thanks
    Stefan

Quite alot of drama tonight.
    After having all of FMGS back on my FS pc i started a flight NZAA-NZQN.
    All was fine till cruise, although FPS dropped significantly by having OH and MCDU on FS PC as well.
    while in cruise i started entering the last part of my approach to NZQN via LAT/LONG entries. At LL05 it stopped responding.
    All **** broke loose: http://vataware.com/flight/14035213
    I had to restart FMGS and subsequently also P3D with reset to FSUIPC saved position.
    Now at 36000 ft with both engines out (As FMGS at startup shuts engines off) I had to relight APU, relight both engines - wait 7 min for IRS align before diverting to NZWN.
    With an empty MCDU I could enter most data.
    however I could not access the performance data and this was a blocker for any Managed flight mode.
    After entering and following an approach the MCDU came to a point where it demanded landing data - the page I could not earlier get access to. This sort of unlocked the Performance page, and suddenly Managed flight was possible.
    I did have continous warnings as the cabin altitude was shown as minus 5 million ft.
    Anyhow:
    - perhaps FMGS should not shut engines of a moving aircraft.
    - perhaps FMGS should allow the entry of sufficient data to revert to managed mode - before the approach data is entered.

very exiting and felt real.

we landed safely in Wellington, but my passengeres could probably do without the experience.
    Cheers Stephen
    P3Dv4 Prof, FMGS A320, 1080p OH for ext. & 1080p 24" for int., TM Warthog, VATSIM (vPilot)

Quote Originally Posted by stefangr View Post
    Hi,

I want to enter the following route in MCDU: EDDM ALG1S ALG Y109 MILKA UQ227 ULMES ULME1P LSGG
    whereas I do not enter MILKA since it comes automatically between the 2 airways. This is what I get:

LSGG-ULME1P.PNG

I cannot delete the discontinuity, it says it's not allowed. Only when I delete the "MANUAL" above, I can also delete the discontinuity. Is that the right way to do it? What is the "MANUAL" line about?

Thanks
    Stefan
    First of all, you can insert all route by Airways page avalaible on first waypoints of your fltpln.
    Before you can delete discontinuity i think you have to confirm the flightplane...(push LSK for INSERT).