PDA

View Full Version : TESTING THE SITE --- Post you're findings and suggestions

Matt Olieman
10-10-2005, 09:52 AM
When testing the site, please post you're findings and suggestions here.

Anonymous
10-10-2005, 05:09 PM
All seems OK...........just got back from a trip to see the Wright Flier in the air. The registration has been sent, so will wait for confirmation. I will do some more study of the site and post any reccomendations I can see.
Cheers.....................Brian :lol:

Matt Olieman
10-11-2005, 07:43 AM
Hi Brian, Welcome aboard.... Wow... got to see the Wright Flier in the air..... NICE!!!!

Ron Buchwald
11-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Don't change a thing, best working site I"ve seen...now go and help enrico at PM so we can USE there site. Ron. :D

IAN
11-21-2005, 04:50 PM
HI Guys
First off great site...well done
suggestions ....just a thought how about hosting a IFSBI teamspeak room for builders on the site different rooms for types etc ...
Ian

Bob Reed
11-21-2005, 07:43 PM
That is possible since I have a TS server up and ruining already. How would you like to do it?

IAN
11-22-2005, 09:24 AM
Hi Bob
Thanks for the prompt reply... how to do it.... prehaps a lounge room coupled with two other rooms Airbus and Boeing. I know that the writen word is used as a reference and time zones mean a difference...but it might add to the Builder community.
cheers
Ian

Rodney
11-22-2005, 06:57 PM
Would be easy to create different channels in T/S, General Talk, Airbus, Boeing, etc. Just join the one you want to then.

Bob Reed
11-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Sorry guys. Lost my server last night.. Yes something attacked it. I will have the os reloaded tonight and hopefully have it back online by morning.

fokker100
11-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Hi Guys,

Think this site will develop into a great site in due time!!
Layout is great!! One suggestion; the gallery part looks a bit chaotic, adapt it a little to the layout of the rest of the pages and make sure the the menu frame
which is visible on the main page (on the left) is also visible here....., just an idea.....

Cheers

Aart

Matt Olieman
11-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Hi Aart,

Thank you for your input. We take it very serious!!

I agree with you, there must be a better way. The Gallery, as is the Classifieds are stand alone programs. Although we have some leverage to make changes, we're still learning. Simple is better:)

Thanks again.

W9XE/Project777
11-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Aart

Thanks for the comments. Most appreciated

When we started putting this together we were not 100% how the layout would go. Since we started the Gallery and Classifieds are a separate program. We will not be able to bring the menu into those sections. As the web was starting to come together before going public we noticed our menu system growing larger as we started adding more features to the site. So we decided to change the format a little to a drop down menu style. I have been working daily trying to get this system converted and just about there. It will look even better and a little cleaner look. There will not be any changes to the forum. Possibly adding more categories as time goes by.

There is some plans to look into the Gallery and classifieds. we are very new at these programs and we found a bit of a learning curve. The survey area is another independent program. We tried to get it as close as we could but some areas of the program were not accessible.

We have a lot of areas we plan to improve so come often and tell your other sim buddies to come in and register. Not many places to sell your no longer needed sim parts. We have already had success in the Classifieds

We'll look into the areas you mentioned and see what the options we have there.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. All comments are Welcome.