PDA

View Full Version : A couple of updates to the T-38

jmig
08-06-2007, 08:35 PM
I have added the canopy control switch and lever. It is in position but will need to be bent a bit more and some finishing on the handle is needed.

You can also see the three LCD panels for the instruments, along with the gear handle mechanism. The blue tape is to hold the knob together until I glue everything. I still have to test the red handle LED.

Aluminum cover panels with cutouts and instrument bezels will go in front of the two top panels. An UFCP will be in the middle above the pilot's PFD (lower middle panel) However, the UFCP is 69 buttons and four groups of 8 7 segment LEDs. That will be phase two. :)

Michael Carter
08-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Looks good John. What brand and size is that center black monitor?

Bob Reed
08-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Wow John.. VERY nice! Please keep us up to date!

jmig
08-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Looks good John. What brand and size is that center black monitor?

It is called Spectre. It is a 12" monitor I picked up on ebay. Interesting story on the monitor. I looked for months before finding a 12 monitor. It arrived in New Orleans the day before Katrina hit.

UPS said the warehouse was flooding and what did I want to do. I said that if it was still good, I wanted it. It took me too long to find one like it. Several months later it arrived in a box that looked like ****. But, it worked!!!

Michael Carter
08-06-2007, 10:29 PM
That could be just the monitor I need to display my engine gauge stack.

jmig
08-07-2007, 07:41 AM
That could be just the monitor I need to display my engine gauge stack.

You can't have mine! *stomps foot* LOL It took me too long to find it.

Seriously, it really is tough to find an inexpensive small screen (read less than 14" or 15") The last screen I bought, the one on the left is a 14" screen. I was lucky to find one for $65 (third one I bid on), most were going for around $100.

Then you have the touch screen panels...I won't even mention what they are going for.

If i see or hear of a small screen, I will give you a head's up.

Michael Carter
08-07-2007, 09:28 AM
I found three of them last night using a search. A guy in NY has them. Used, but working fine.

jmig
08-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Three! Wow, that great. What does he want for them?

Michael Carter
08-07-2007, 06:12 PM
$40 apiece. I haven't contacted him yet. I'm hoping he still has at least one in another week or so.

jmig
08-07-2007, 08:19 PM
$40 apiece. I haven't contacted him yet. I'm hoping he still has at least one in another week or so.

That really is a good price. Good luck.