PDA

View Full Version : Symulatory Prices.

droddis
07-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Does anyone have a price list for Symulatory. Also has anyone had any problems, i dont really trust sending cash to people.

David

Kennair
08-07-2007, 06:43 AM
David,

Don't have a price list but you might like to check out this site and contact him. His experience seems fairly positive.

http://www.737ng.co.uk/symulatory.htm

Ken.

eudoniga
09-20-2007, 10:31 AM
simply put: STAY

A W A Y

FROM THOSE PEOPLE !!!

The same english guy who kinda advertised them on his 737NG site (see previous post) removed all links to Symulatory.com

Me too, I'm a betrayed customer, and please do not ask me for more ...

Much too painful !!!

regards.

Trevor Hale
09-20-2007, 11:01 AM
LMAO.. Careful, don't hold back now!! Why don't you tell us how you really feel LOL J/K Don't think you need to say anything more. I would hope your speaking from personal experience only..

He he he.

Westozy
09-20-2007, 06:22 PM
I contacted Symulatory for the specific reason of finding out the cost of their B737 TQ so I could calculate a price for the TQ's that I will be supplying. It was 1400 Euros at the time of enquiry another 400 Euros for the motorised version. From all reports, their units are flimsy and many parts need upgrading by the user to add strength to levers etc. I am told the interface that comes with the unit is better off in the trash can and a different method of interface should be adapted. On the plus side, they are an excellent looking replica in appearance and I think this is what attracts Symulatory's current customers.

I am currently offering my A320 TQ's for AUD$2,900 (US$2500) + 10% GST & Postage, I have sold two units with another customer waiting to see the finished product in about 4 weeks time before committing. This is for the TQ drum unit only with switches and potentiometers fitted. (It is up to the user to interface with their preferred method, Sim-Boards, Phidgets etc). There is a one year's parts and labour warranty with ongoing support for MyCockpit members. This is US$1000 cheaper than the FDS unit which is offered at US$3,500. (Tell 'em they're dreaming! lol)

Obviously, there is a great deal more work involved in building the more complex B737 unit, I am going to build the first one for my own sim and when it is completed, I will have an idea of what price to put on it. (I'm guessing around about the AUD$3,600 mark)
I build high quality parts built to last and I'm sure that my first customer, Team Leader, Trevor Hale would be happy to give a reference. My new website with shopfront should be up and running by Christmas and Aerosim Solutions will become a sponsor of MyCockpit.org

Gwyn

marius
09-21-2007, 05:23 AM
737NG_TQ_AT - 1890 EUR
737NG_TQ_STD - 1590 EUR
737NG_PEDESTAL - 1780 EUR
737NG_OVERHEAD - 1980 EUR
737NG_AFT_OVERHEAD ( IRS ! ) - 1280 EUR
737NG_FMC - 650 EUR
737NG_MIP - 1350 EUR
737NG_YOKE - 2400 EUR (set - 2 arts)
737NG_RUDDER - 1900 EUR (set 2 arts)
737NG_MCP - 340 EUR
737NG_EFIS (full functional !!) - 220 EUR

Tomlin
09-21-2007, 09:32 AM
I contacted Symulatory for the specific reason of finding out the cost of their B737 TQ so I could calculate a price for the TQ's that I will be supplying. It was 1400 Euros at the time of enquiry another 400 Euros for the motorised version. From all reports, their units are flimsy and many parts need upgrading by the user to add strength to levers etc. I am told the interface that comes with the unit is better off in the trash can and a different method of interface should be adapted. On the plus side, they are an excellent looking replica in appearance and I think this is what attracts Symulatory's current customers.

I am currently offering my A320 TQ's for AUD$2,900 (US$2500) + 10% GST & Postage, I have sold two units with another customer waiting to see the finished product in about 4 weeks time before committing. This is for the TQ drum unit only with switches and potentiometers fitted. (It is up to the user to interface with their preferred method, Sim-Boards, Phidgets etc). There is a one year's parts and labour warranty with ongoing support for MyCockpit members. This is US$1000 cheaper than the FDS unit which is offered at US$3,500. (Tell 'em they're dreaming! lol)

Obviously, there is a great deal more work involved in building the more complex B737 unit, I am going to build the first one for my own sim and when it is completed, I will have an idea of what price to put on it. (I'm guessing around about the AUD$3,600 mark)
I build high quality parts built to last and I'm sure that my first customer, Team Leader, Trevor Hale would be happy to give a reference. My new website with shopfront should be up and running by Christmas and Aerosim Solutions will become a sponsor of MyCockpit.org

Gwyn

Gwyn,

I am disapointed that your prices are so high- After all the hype and everything, I really expected those TQ's to only be $58. :-)

Just kidding, Im sure they are top notch and well worth every bit of your price mate!

Westozy
09-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Gwyn,

I am disapointed that your prices are so high- After all the hype and everything, I really expected those TQ's to only be $58. :-)

Just kidding, Im sure they are top notch and well worth every bit of your price mate!

I forgot that bit, $58 deposit! lol

I just noticed that CP mag used my signature pic on the 'contents' page of the September issue - stoked. I'd be even more stoked if they paid me, three articles now and still no cheques??? I've got TH2Go to buy, 3 lcd monitors etc, etc, etc, Maybe they're going broke! Waiting..............................

Trevor Hale
09-21-2007, 10:03 AM
I got the Mag in the mail The other day. I was stoked to read your article.. Again.. Great Job. It is really fascinating to read your articles. I am sure you will the the $$ someday.

Kudos to you Gwyn, Great looking stuff.

Trevor Hale
09-21-2007, 10:03 AM
737NG_TQ_AT - 1890 EUR
737NG_TQ_STD - 1590 EUR
737NG_PEDESTAL - 1780 EUR
737NG_OVERHEAD - 1980 EUR
737NG_AFT_OVERHEAD ( IRS ! ) - 1280 EUR
737NG_FMC - 650 EUR
737NG_MIP - 1350 EUR
737NG_YOKE - 2400 EUR (set - 2 arts)
737NG_RUDDER - 1900 EUR (set 2 arts)
737NG_MCP - 340 EUR
737NG_EFIS (full functional !!) - 220 EUR

Marius What is this stuff?

dnoize
09-21-2007, 10:24 AM
wild guess:

the symulatory prices this topic was about originally ?

Stef

Trevor Hale
09-21-2007, 10:26 AM
LMAO.. Oh yeah. Possibly... ROFL. Sorry Just had a root canal from the dentist.. Maybe they drilled part of my brain by mistake.

Sorry,

Trev

Michael Carter
09-21-2007, 10:54 AM
I forgot that bit, $58 deposit! lol

I just noticed that CP mag used my signature pic on the 'contents' page of the September issue - stoked. I'd be even more stoked if they paid me, three articles now and still no cheques??? I've got TH2Go to buy, 3 lcd monitors etc, etc, etc, Maybe they're going broke! Waiting..............................

Why aren't they paying you for your writing? They are obviously selling magazines as a result. Now they are using your copyrighted image. I would be asking questions.

Bob Reed
09-21-2007, 11:21 AM

I think that is the price list that was asked for. Folks.. Lets try to keep the posts in the thread on topic.... Please??:D I know I am as guilty as anyone for hijacking a thread... I need to try too.....:oops:

Westozy
09-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Why aren't they paying you for your writing? They are obviously selling magazines as a result. Now they are using your copyrighted image. I would be asking questions.

Not quite right Mike, when I write an article for the magazine, I am selling it to them to publish so they end up owning the pictures that I send. I don't have a problem with that, they now use my radio box pic as a header for all cockpit building articles. I certainly like seeing my pics repeated. The editor asks for more articles but my ideas are drying up. It's harder now that my sim is nearly finished and I'm not building parts for it anymore. I was told by fellow writers Bill Smith and Peter Stark that there would be delays in payments but I'm just starting to get a little bit annoyed!

Bob, the thread hasn't really been hijacked, we're off on a tangent for sure but the original question has been answered a while back, I'm sure Droddis doesn't mind, Droddis?

Gwyn

Westozy
09-21-2007, 07:26 PM
I got the Mag in the mail The other day. I was stoked to read your article.. Again.. Great Job. It is really fascinating to read your articles. I am sure you will the the $$ someday.

Kudos to you Gwyn, Great looking stuff.

Cheers Trevor, good feedback like that is worth more than cash anyday.

I figured if I don't write anymore articles at least I'll get a big splash of my sim and more promos of MyCockpit on the pages before I quit! I will write more if something else comes up, three weeks ago I pitched an idea about relating my combat fighter experience which happened yesterday but the editor Dean Bielanowski still hasn't replied yet. I'll write it up anyway while it's fresh in my mind just in case he does decide to reply. Fellow writer Peter Stark is a friend of mine, he lives about 200km south of here. He is an amazing FS PC guru who can tweak anything, his tutorials were fantastic and he was a great asset to CP mag. However, Peter quit CP Mag due to the delays in payments and the lack of replies to his emails. He now writes for PC Pilot. Maybe I should have a look at PC Pilot, I've never seen one.

Gwyn

QF6228
09-21-2007, 08:43 PM

That is the price list direct from symultory, Just before this thread came up we asked them for a price list funny enough....... then we read this thread :roll:

I would love to hear alot more feedback about these guys as they have allot of 'good looking' stuff to offer, but buy the sounds of things they may be just good looking and thats it! :(

ow well.............

Damien

JBaymore
09-21-2007, 09:32 PM
..........when I write an article for the magazine, I am selling it to them to publish so they end up owning the pictures that I send.

Gwyn,

Being a visual artist and having published a bit in books and mags myself.......

For magazines, normally your contract gives the magazine "first serial publication rights" only, and they do NOT "own" either the copy OR any photos that you supply............. UNLESS you have signed a contract so stating. And normally, purchasing full use rights to anything costs them a LOT of money.

If they are using your images without your consent, it is copyright infringement. They should be compensating more than your pride at seeing your stuff in print.. THEY are making MONEY off of your work.

And thanks for the red warning flag. I WAS considering writing something for them.

best,

.....................john

Westozy
09-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Gwyn,

Being a visual artist and having published a bit in books and mags myself.......

For magazines, normally your contract gives the magazine "first serial publication rights" only, and they do NOT "own" either the copy OR any photos that you supply............. UNLESS you have signed a contract so stating. And normally, purchasing full use rights to anything costs them a LOT of money.

If they are using your images without your consent, it is copyright infringement. They should be compensating more than your pride at seeing your stuff in print.. THEY are making MONEY off of your work.

And thanks for the red warning flag. I WAS considering writing something for them.

best,

.....................john

Thanks John,

I have no gripes with CP mag really, I think it's a great read and it's promoting what we do. I find I always get some knowledge from each issue when it arrives, and there's another bonus about writing for them, the subscription fee is waved. If you want to write for them, go for it, my only complaint is the tardiness of the staff. The payment for 2000 words and 10 pics is substantial and well worth the effort.
If they want to use my pics they are welcome to use them as they wish, it's not a big deal to me. I'll try to plug 'Aerosim Solutions' next time!

Gwyn

mpl330
09-22-2007, 05:58 AM
That is the price list direct from symultory, Just before this thread came up we asked them for a price list funny enough....... then we read this thread :roll:

I would love to hear alot more feedback about these guys as they have allot of 'good looking' stuff to offer, but buy the sounds of things they may be just good looking and thats it! :(

ow well.............

Damien

Hi,

I have just about the full set of Symulatory gear (didnt get it direct from them although I am placing an order for a missing piece), unfortunately it is in storage at the moment until I move into my new home. Before it went into storage I didnt get chance to set it all up but did have a 'play' with the pedestal and the TQ.
The interface uses a custom version of FSBus cards but does use the standard FSBus software, once I had got my head round how it works it seems fairly straightforward.
The panels etc. may not be to everyones taste and I am replacing some of the knobs and switches with more accurate parts. The TQ is an amazing piece of kit.

I'll post some pics once I get moved in a few weeks.
Mike