PDA

View Full Version : For those knowledgeable of GF- GoFlight RMKs programmed for RMU usage?

Tomlin
07-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Okay, here's the plan...

(this is for the RMU for the Learjet 45-a picture of the real deal can be seen here: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0392645/L/ )

I want to use the GoFlight Dual Rotary Encoder and RMK unit

(http://www.goflightinc.com/order/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=63)

to control the tuning of frequencies of the NAVs and COMs and to assign the 8 pushbuttons to the Freq. Swamp and the line selector keys to select the appropriate section for tuning.

I know that the dual encoder will work fine per Mitch at GF, but what I really need to know is if I can assign the GF pushbuttons to highlight the desired functions to work as Line Selector Keys and Swap Buttons.

Thanks for your help everyone, and for putting up with a noob!

Kris Stow
02-17-2008, 12:43 PM
Eric,

Any progress using this idea?? I have ordered some 3.5 displays. Going to try to set it up using the PM visuals and the GF remote kits to build a one piece RMU once Joe finsihes the panels, only a couple of more weeks now :D..

Also when we spoke on the phone you had mentioned that someone was creating a FMS (FMC/CDU) matching the Lear. What is the web address can I go check progress on this?

Thanks have a great Sunday!! God Bless.

Tomlin
02-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Kris

I am not real sure who I may have been thinking of- I think a supplier had mentioned the possibility of building a replica UNS (Universal Avionics) type CDU, but I cant remember who I was thinking of for sure at the moment.

Regarding the progress of the RMU situation, I simply have used the GF 166 for my Radios/Navs. Will answer back with more shortly.

XOrionFE
02-23-2008, 09:25 AM
I am making my own GPS panel for GA aircraft and am using radio shack pushbuttons and ordered a dual rotary from GF. To do this I am using a Hagstrom KE108 board which has 2 rotary encoder inputs. I will use one of them for each rotary on the dual knob.

XOrionFE
02-23-2008, 09:28 AM
Where did you order the 3.5 " displays from?