PDA

View Full Version : All dressed up and no place to go

Michael Carter
07-13-2007, 02:01 PM
I removed the computer system and the table that was installed into this tipout this morning and hauled the 727 MIP out of the shop into this little hole.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/boeing722/727FlightDeck.jpg

I still have a ton of work to do, but I wanted to get the new Sperry SP-50 integrated into the computer system and the MIP so my annuncators are working. I'm also going to work on getting my landing gear control installed and working.

This will probably go back to the shop at some point, but I figured I was going to have to get this all together sooner or later.

Matt Olieman
07-13-2007, 02:06 PM
WOW!!! almost, "Let's go flying." :) Moving right along :)

Bob Reed
07-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Well lets get this blasted thing in the air! I am ready!! Looks Great BSW!!

ivar hestnes
07-13-2007, 05:43 PM
This is a very nice setup. And real parts also.

I love it:)

SAS884
07-14-2007, 03:23 AM
Amazing work you have done. Are you planning to use all the guages from real planes?

Michael Carter
07-14-2007, 07:33 AM
No. That would require 400 Hz power, directional gyros and the ability of my house to roll as I rolled the aircraft.

The instruments will be simulated. Eventually.

If I can get my Sandel HSI up and running, an airspeed indicator, and an altimeter, I'll at least be able to fly it whilst I fill the rest of the panel.

Michael Carter
07-15-2007, 07:43 PM
It wasn't anything special, except it nearly felt as I was really flying a 727.

I dispayed the outside forward view with no instrument panel showing on the monitor and it was pretty cool, but still not like having working guages.

Tomorrow I;m going to get the landing gear control working with the annunciator lights, and a few other items.

I'm thinking of resurecting my old 400Mhz machine to use for internet as it's somewhat awkward rolling around a mouse between my legs and a keyboard on my lap. I also need a Boeing cup holder and an ashtray. There was one on e-Bay a week ago and has been relisted, but I didn't really think much of it until I got into the situation I am now.

I don't have any place to put anything! If I didn't have a chartholder on my yoke, I'd really be in trouble! :roll:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/boeing722/727Flightdeck1.jpg