PDA

View Full Version : New B747 builder

Bas
07-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Hi everybody,

Since last monday I have decided to embark on that ambitious project many of you have as well.. home cockpit building!

I am Dutch, however, I live with my wife and daughter in Slovenia.

For my project I decided to go for a 'as realistic as possible' 747 cockpit, within a certain budget of course. I am not setting a time frame.. I will see how it progresses as I go along. If its 1 year or 4.. fine! As long as I can be proud and content with the end result. Because in the end its about the flying!

Right now I am very early stage, nothing physical has been build. I am planning, checking out the available space, cockpit dimensions (if you have info on 747 cockpit / panel dimensions please let me know!) etc.
If I have all that I will proceed with a schematic for the shell, and take it from there.

Its going to be great adventure, thats for sure!

Matt Olieman
07-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Hi Bas, and welkom to mycockpit.org and the madness that goes along with it :)

Lot's of builders with lot's of information and we definately welcome your input :)

Bob Reed
07-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Well another one bites the dust... Welcome here my friend! You will find there are a number of Queen builders on this site that will be more then happy to share with you the data they have. As long as you understand that this will be a long thing and maybe never finished you will do well. NEVER stop flying if you have a desktop setup now KEEP IT!!! When you stop flying you forget why you are doing the building!! Any way ask away I know there are a number of guys that just can't wait to talk to you!!