PDA

View Full Version : B747 cockpit / panel dimensions

Bas
07-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Hello fellow builders!

I am new to this forum, so after this post i will hop on over to the other part of the forum to do a little introduction.

My story is that I am starting my B747-400 project. At least, I decided so last monday ;) The last couple of days I have been reading up on how to start, and create a plan.

One of the first things on my to-do list is create a wooden frame to be the cockpit shell. However, for the last 3 days I have been trying to find the dimensions for a MIP, overhead panel, TQ etc etc. For the TQ I have now found one simple schematic. The rest however, is in total secrecy.

Can any fellow 747 builders shine little light on this? What did you use to determine the correct dimensions?

Thanks, and happy building.

Bas
07-12-2007, 04:25 PM
One more thing I forgot to mention, I would like to use the PMDG 747-400 plane for this simulator.

But I have been reading on this forum that it can be quite a challange. Is it do-able at all? Especially regarding the panels.. I plan to use 17" or 19" LCD monitors for this (with a panel template covering it), that will host the instruments.

I know that there is a trick to do it for the PMDG 737.. but does it also apply to the 747? Or are there other options?

Bob Reed
07-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Hi Bas.. So can it be dome, well go here http://aerosimsolutions.googlepages.com/home And talk to westozy as that sim is 1 computer all running the PMDG 737. He can give you the shortcoming of doing this and the pluses!! Hope this helps.

Bas
07-23-2007, 02:21 AM
Thanks Bob.

Still looking for some 747-400 intrument and panel dimensions.. I can't find anything about this on the net (other than the pedestal) :-(

Bob Reed
07-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Thanks Bob.

Still looking for some 747-400 intrument and panel dimensions.. I can't find anything about this on the net (other than the pedestal) :-(

No one here has these dimensions? Come on you 747 builders help one of your own here....

Bas
07-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Thanks to Ettore Mele for replying to my email, which I sent him after finding his site! He is also a 747 builder and had some excellent schematics!

So, all credits to Ettore! And, in order to help anyone that may have the same difficulties as me finding this data, I attached all files to this post.

:-D

Edit: unfortunately all files together are too big to store here. So I will host it somewhere, and post the link for you guys.

Bob Reed
07-23-2007, 12:34 PM
Hi BAS, did you try uploading them to our download page?

Bas
07-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Yes, and allthough it seems as if the file uploaded correctly I get some JavaScript error at the end.

Bob Reed
07-23-2007, 04:39 PM
Does not appear they are there either... Strange... Looking into it..

Phil
08-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks to Ettore Mele for replying to my email, which I sent him after finding his site! He is also a 747 builder and had some excellent schematics!

So, all credits to Ettore! And, in order to help anyone that may have the same difficulties as me finding this data, I attached all files to this post.

Edit: unfortunately all files together are too big to store here. So I will host it somewhere, and post the link for you guys.

I'm finally going to start my 747 project and could really use the data for my drawings. Do you think you could send me the file or have they been posted somewhere?

Bob Reed
08-28-2007, 04:20 PM

Bas, have you tried contacting Matt? I am sure we can get them in there for you! But will have to check with Matt to get the way he wants to do it.

Bas
08-31-2007, 10:42 AM
Sorry for the late reply guys. Matt emailed me, and I just sent him a reply with the schematics attached.

So he can find the appropriate place to put them on the server, and then it should be no problem!

So hang tight, they are coming ;)

Matt Olieman
08-31-2007, 02:43 PM
The file is right here:

http://mycockpit.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=95

Thank you Bas

Bas
09-01-2007, 07:50 AM
Thanks for putting them online Matt. I know from experience this stuff is hard to come by, so I hope this will save a lot of trouble for 747 builders.

Ivan
11-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks allot for putting this online, i am currently working on prep for creating a B744, and this is very very nice :)
Thanks

ozziesim
11-28-2007, 07:26 AM
There is also some diagrams for download on the 747-400 that might help here.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=111