PDA

View Full Version : 737NG Room

737NG Builder
07-11-2007, 04:17 AM
Ok my room is the size as said below. Will it be large enough to cater the sim?

Metres
Width - 3.45m, Length - 3.60m, Height - 2.70m

Feet
Width - 11ft 4, Length - 11ft 10, Height - 8ft 11

Also the features of the room is that is has 5 power stations which have a combined total of 15 plugs. Also a tv and phone cable and also two large cupboards built into the wall.

My only concern is the door size and getting the parts in there. The nose wont be a problem as it will be the soon to be released PRO-M nose section and that comes unconstructed.

Thanks for all your help,
Lewis Simmons

Trevor Hale
07-11-2007, 08:10 AM
Your room size seems to be good. I can tell you that if you decide to go with Projector display, make sure you get a projector with a short throw lense. Otherwise you will need to use some other means of imagery.

I wouldn't worry about getting things in the door. Be more worried about your wife not letting things come in the house. LOL

Great to hear.

Trev

737NG Builder
07-11-2007, 10:25 PM
thanks for that.

pylet
07-15-2007, 01:13 PM
I have the same space problem as most builders so I tried a different format. I really wanted to go for a full blown replica but decided why? I'm not flying it from the outside so I really don't need a real nose section. 99.9% of my flying is by myself except when I'm on VATSIM so I really don't need the co-pilots side and with the space and money that I save I can concentrate on making a more functional pilots side. Here is a link that shows a little bit of what I am doing. Maybe it'll help you.

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/view_page.php?id=49