PDA

View Full Version : Paint and Liveries - How'd you choose?

Yankee737
07-06-2007, 12:14 PM
While still quite some time before this is an issue for me, livery choices really intrigue me.

To those of you who've built exterior shells, have you painted a specific livery on your "fuselage"? If so, how'd you chose?

For me, it was simple. I'm a television junkie/aspiring comedy writer, so I've collected bit props and such here and there. The room I'll be building my pit in is massive, and will also be my theater room. When we bought the house, a major selling point for us was that we could use the theater room as a prop "museum" of sorts. So in order to tie it all together, I'm going to paint my shell (someday) in the livery of Oceanic Airways (e.g. Delta) from Lost. It won't seem nearly as out of place then.

I'm just curious what other liveries are out there. Anyone?

ivar hestnes
07-06-2007, 01:26 PM
I will paint my shell in the Braathens SAFE livery. This company doesnt exist anymore. But since I was I little boy, I have travelled with this company. I also collect items from the company. As far as I know, they ordered some 737-700 before they quit business so It would be nice to have a Braathens SAFE 737-700 simulator in my basement:)

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0033110/M/

JBaymore
07-06-2007, 03:12 PM
For my pit it is in a "plain white wrapper". ;) It looks sort of like a commercial simulator ...a simple white box. Wanted it to not look TOO out of place in the room it is in (shared with my home office).

The only concession to "fun" on the outside is that when the strobes are on for the plane, a small ultrabrite red flashing led is going on the roof of it, casting a flashing red glow on the ceiling above it...to warn the "ground crew" that the engines are going. :cool:

best,

....................john

Yankee737
07-07-2007, 05:41 AM
HAHA JB that's brilliant! What a fun, quirky little touch! (Fun and quirky - that's my kinda detail!)

Tomlin
07-13-2007, 09:42 AM
I imagine mine will be either black, or white, not sure yet. Black would reduce any glare to bounce back to the visual system, but white looks better in a room! I will have to see what works best. The material Im using is white, so I will test it first, and go from there. I do however plan on having a vinyl sticker planted on the sides stating 'BOMBARDIER LEARJET 45' for an added touch of realism to the sim.