PDA

View Full Version : PMDG Driver released for MCP

garyk007
07-04-2007, 12:52 AM
FYI

The driver or more accurately the code for the new Open Cockpit MCP has been released on their website.

This will allow users of PMDG to have full funtionality of the Open Cockpits MCP. Best of all its for free unlike the Go flight MCP.

I will be trying this code today and will let you know how it works.

sas550
07-04-2007, 01:09 AM
Sounds great! But isn't the comparison with the GoFlight MCP abit unfair? :-)

garyk007
07-04-2007, 07:40 AM
I was not trying to make a comparison between the 2 products, I was trying to make the point that PMDG charge a large sum of money for the drivers for the Goflight stuff.

I dont mind buying a companies products, but having to pay extra to get the thing to work, that just seems a bit unfair.

Tim
07-04-2007, 08:01 AM
From looking at the GF website forum page, paying for the software will be the only way to see updates or compatibility with products such as PMDG.

I have many GF units in my sim and I can tell you that their software support is not what it used to be. They make a good hardware product but the software is well below standard.

sas550
07-04-2007, 08:42 AM
I
I dont mind buying a companies products, but having to pay extra to get the thing to work, that just seems a bit unfair.

True!

I wasn't aware of that you will have to pay for the gf pmdg compatible soft.

jarrodc
07-09-2007, 05:36 AM
Hello, I know this is unrelated to your thread, but are you running the PMDG 737 & using the goflight products. I am thinking of purchasing the throttle quadrant & some switches & rotary knobs, but cant seep to find out if they are compadible with the PMDG 737 and 747. Any help would be appreciated.

steveeverson
12-21-2007, 07:19 PM
I use the opencockpits mcp and coonect via sioc- takes a bit of time to reprogramme all the key commands for the mcp but it works very well once it is set up and you dong have to pay unlike using the goflight unit!