PDA

View Full Version : Old Hong Kong VHHH

garyk007
06-14-2007, 01:21 AM
Anyone know where I can get the sids and stars for the old Kai Tak VHHH?

PDF would be great.

Thanks

Michael Carter
06-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Have you tried VATSIM and IVAO FIR sites for this area?

I'm sure they are there. The long-haul guys at Air France and Delta VA both fly there.

Tony
06-14-2007, 03:47 PM
I have the manual (PDF) from The Ultimate Hong Kong Simulation .
Hope you enjoy

Tony

Jackpilot
06-14-2007, 05:06 PM
By the way anyone knows how to reinstate the active scenery for VHHH
...no more checker nor runway markings in FS9
Cheers

Michael Carter
06-14-2007, 10:28 PM
I think there is a download at VATSIM for old Kai Tak.

I don't fly in the Far East so I couldn't tell you what the file name is.

flightdeck
06-15-2007, 03:45 AM
Hong Kong Kai Tak 1963

File Description:
This is Kai Tak airport as it was in 1963. Kowloon Bay has yet to be filled in, and the runway is only 8405 ft long. Includes mesh files by Holger Sandmann and charts of the era scanned by Chic Eather. Navaids backdated to the early 60's, except the IGS for runway 13 is included although not actually installed until 1974. Curving approach lights will help you find the runway. Chek Lap Kok airport has been removed. The IGS and other approaches created by Jim Vile. The AI aircraft will follow the curved approach to runway 13 in good weather or bad.

kaitak63.zip
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=kaitak63.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Hong Kong Kai Tak Airport 1998

File Description:
As most know initiating the ILS/LDA/IGS at certain airports for AI Traffic is not a function at this time when using AFCAD2. If you add a ILS to the runway such as VHHX (13/31) only the user aircraft can use this runway when visibility falls below 3 miles. ATC will no longer use this runway for AI Traffic because FS9 sees it as a visual runway. Additional Scenery Buildings, Jetways and new Terminals (as per older Jeppesen Charts) added. AFCAD also included with the IGS13 approach for the User Aircraft. See the readme.txt for all the details.

kaitak98.zip
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=kaitak98.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Hope this helps!

Jackpilot
06-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Many Thanks
Jack

sclavien
09-08-2011, 11:33 PM
I would like to get a pdf file of the JEPP chart of the IGS checker board approach 13 in the old VHHH. Any help?