PDA

View Full Version : pmSystem sysvar and logic

dicksonlee
06-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Hi, is anyone know what is internal handled variable? For instance, xxxx 2 fs1n1 (offsets length variable). And, one more thing is what is the value stated in the logics of the pmSystem for fs1n1<8, bleedpsi>16, etc? What does these values represent? Thank you

Trevor Hale
06-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Hi, is anyone know what is internal handled variable? For instance, xxxx 2 fs1n1 (offsets length variable). And, one more thing is what is the value stated in the logics of the pmSystem for fs1n1<8, bleedpsi>16, etc? What does these values represent? Thank you

fsXn1 Representes Flight simulator engine #X N1 Value...

ie. fs2n1 = engine 2 N1 Value
fs3n1 = engine 3 N1 Value.

Therfore in your logic question...... If fs1n1 is less then 8 (in other words
not running) then ........

Next line If your bleedair pressure is greater then 16 then .............

Hope that helps..

PeterH
06-13-2007, 03:22 AM
Hi Trevor,

fsXn1 Representes Flight simulator engine #X N1 Value...

ie. fs2n1 = engine 2 N1 Value
fs3n1 = engine 3 N1 Value.

Therfore in your logic question...... If fs1n1 is less then 8 (in other words
not running) then ........

Next line If your bleedair pressure is greater then 16 then .............

Hope that helps..

can you tell where I could find the syntax rules for pmSystems?
It seems to be somewhat like HP basic but also like C. Is it an own PM language and where can the syntax rules be found?

Would be great to shed some light on to this.

Thanks and best rgds

Peter

Trevor Hale
06-13-2007, 08:43 AM
Hi Peter.

Pmsystems programming language is a home made kind of breed that I am aware of. I have spent many hours playing with it, as Thomas and the rest of the PM team have not released any tutorials.

The syntax for the system is quite simple, as PM Smartly named the variables similar to the operation. All I can tell you is what I have taught myself.

The best intervention the PM made is in their latest release. They separated the graphic file from the logic file. This has made learning the code 1,000,000 % Easier.

Just breeze through the file and you will understand the logic. For instance... In the Logic file for the Ground power it it quite easy to understand from the logic how they either make it available or not available based on FSAGL variable.

I wish I could be of more help to you. I am still learning however am further then most. If you run into any questions, please do not hesitate to ask, as If I don't know the answer I will surely look and help you to understand.

Best regards my friend.

Trev

PeterH
06-14-2007, 04:41 AM
Thanks Trevor.

I almost assumed it was a homebrew kind of language mix.
PM is great in software however, I´m afraid, the documentation part is not their strength (yet?).
Since PM decided to not answer to questions in public anymore it has become quite difficult to stay uptodate.
Just hope that individual questions and results will be made public here in this forum more often.

Thanks again and best rgds

Peter

Trevor Hale
06-14-2007, 07:41 AM
Hi Peter,

I agree 100%. I will try to keep this Thread alive as I learn some new and exciting things.

Stay Tuned.

Trev

luisgordo
01-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Hi folks,

any news on a possible tutorial or documentation file on pmSystems logic programming and syntax?

Thanks!

michelmvd
01-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Well guys,
I'm trying to start learning more of the code too.

So in the B744 logic file, from Enrico, the fault amber leds of the Korry switches for the left and right utilities were not working

I wrote following code in order to let them work correctly ;)

UtilityLOff = (UtilityL = 0) or (bustie1 = 0) //MVD

UtilityROff = (UtilityR = 0) or (bustie3 = 0) //MVD

UtilityLOff is the variable for the amber LED and so the rest says if the button isn't on or/and BusTie1 (3) is off, then the amber LED must be on.

Thomas helped me with the correct syntax and it was all working ;) ;)

By putting the bustie1=0 in other cases I can provide more correct logic for all systems working under that bus tie.

It is still very small, but there is progress ;) ;)

I hope PM can come up in the near futur with some more missing offsets for the B744 logic.

B. Rgds
Michel

eudoniga
01-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Since not just the .exe, or the .dll, are expected to bring changes from one PM System release to the other, I wish the improvements to the logics file were somewhat highlighted in the accompanying file "changes.txt" ...
At the moment, you need to browse carefully each part, even each line of the file, with the old one in hand, to spot where the news are !