PDA

View Full Version : Can you use FS2Phidget for FSX??

pilotchipmunk
06-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Hi All,

Can someone tell me if you can use fs2phiget on FSX or is it only for FS9 and previous versions.

James Twomey
06-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Hello,

I use Phidgets for FSX and it works great. I use Phidgets to control my PM systems on another computer.

Regards,
James

pilotchipmunk
06-11-2007, 04:29 AM
Oh ok i will keep working on it i cant seem to get anything to work off it properly, im new at this, ive got as far as being able to move a servo through the calibration section but thats all.
Feel free to throw any hints my way on how to get it to work with FSX.

James Twomey
06-13-2007, 10:42 PM
What is it you are trying to do? I havent played with Servo's yet.... I have been mostly working with switches for the overhead panel.

pilotchipmunk
06-14-2007, 04:47 AM
Ok basically i want to build a console of guages with the servo motor controllers.
I have used the FS2phidget program and so far i have managed to, when starting a flight to get it to rotate one way but then it stops???
I want to create like an airspeed indicator, rpm etc. I ve used the values provided in the FSUIPC but i think im getting somthing wrong.
Im not a programmer so i know very little about setting up values etc.
Any guidance would be appreciated.

James Twomey
06-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Sorry to say, but you are trying to work in an area that I never have dealt with. I wouldn't be able to help you with your efforts. The one that would really know, as he designed the program, is Alan Dyer. You could try and send him a private message and see if he is able to better help you.

Sorry that I'm not more knowledgeable to help you in this project of yours.

Regards,
James

CocnutAir
07-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Servos of the that are typically used for RC applications have a range of travel of around 180 to 240 degrees.

RC Servos can be hacked or purchased off-the-shelf that rotate contiuously, but can only be stopped or started. i.e cannot be positioned.
"Round-and-around she goes, where she stops no-one knows.

However, a rotary sensor (rotary pot or encoder) could be attached to a continuous servo (or any DC motor, or linear actuator for that matter) to sense actual position and some controlling software could issue stop-start signals at the desired position.

FS2Phidget currently does not have this functionality.

After I have completed testing program with Phidget21 (in beta at present)
that I am developing a general purpose motor control for:
- linear actuators
- a low RPM DC motors
- continuous servos

Will use choice of analog input or high speed encoder to sense position.

Controlling motor direction and positioning is intended to be with Interfacekit 0/0/4 relays.

All comments and requests are welcome.

Regards,
Alan.