PDA

View Full Version : Recall Panel on B737NG

luker22
06-07-2007, 11:32 PM
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Hello fellow builders,

I'm currently working on the Master Caut switch and recall panel on my B737NG glareshield. I use PMSystems and I want to simulate the annunciation of warnings via the sixpack using PMSystems.

On the real aircraft the recall panel is also a large "button" which you can push to recall any warnings via the annunciators. Now I think PMSystems will (if not already) allow simulation of the recall function on the sixpack.

My question is...if anybody has done it can they tell me whether they use a momentary switch for the recall panel or do they use a simple single throw single pole switch?????

I know this is probably dependent on how it is coded in the PMSystems logic for the recall panel but it looks to me that a STSP switch is a more logical choice. I couldn't tell which to use as the logic for this in the B737 logic file in PMSystems appears to be incomplete.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Luke

Peter Dowson
06-08-2007, 06:00 AM
On the real aircraft the recall panel is also a large "button" which you can push to recall any warnings via the annunciators.

Is it? I thought it was, effectively, the 6-pack display itself. Yes, maybe that is the one "large button" as well as being 6 indicators?

With the PFC MCP, because the indicators are fixed, not "buttoned", Enrico programmed the recall via a double-press on the Master Caution button/indicator. A single press extinguishes the 6-pack indications, a double-click recalls them.

This is in the PM MCP program. I don't know if it is a general implementation or specific to the PFC serial connection.

Regards

Pete

luker22
06-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I initially through the annunciator panel was just that, another panel, but after watching many Just Planes DVDs and some footage on youtube of B737NG flightdecks it is definitely a button.

That is, the annunciators (the six pack) are actually mounted on a large button which you can press to recall any alerted conditions.

I guess using the Master Caut button to recall messages as you do in your setup is a workable solution if you only have a "static" six pack panel and I guess implementation is dependant on how "real" you want to make the flightdeck operate.

You may want to see my post (if you didn't already spot it) in the PM General Q&A forum (which I accidently posted this thread to initially).

I haven't looked into the PM MCP program as PMSystems seems to model this so I was under the assumption that it was only present in the PMSystems software. Perhaps Enrico put it there (in the PM MCP) for folks with static six packs such as you seem to have ???

Cheers,
Luke

vidarf
07-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Depending on the capabilities in your interface / interface software, you could just send two master caution "keypresses" when you push the six-pack.

Or you could contact Enrico / PM and get a dedicated offset for that function - if it doesn't exist.

Peter Dowson
07-02-2007, 07:47 PM
That is, the annunciators (the six pack) are actually mounted on a large button which you can press to recall any alerted conditions.

Yes, I know they are touch-sensitive for recall. I just didn't realise they acually all depressed like a button.

I guess using the Master Caut button to recall messages as you do in your setup is a workable solution if you only have a "static" six pack panel and I guess implementation is dependant on how "real" you want to make the flightdeck operate.

It is close, and I really have no choice in how it works as I am no good at building things and only use ready-made PFC stuff at present.

I haven't looked into the PM MCP program as PMSystems seems to model this so I was under the assumption that it was only present in the PMSystems software. Perhaps Enrico put it there (in the PM MCP) for folks with static six packs such as you seem to have ???

No, specifically he drives certain ready-built MCP models directly with code in the MCP package software. The PFC MCP is one of those his code drives directly.

Regards

Pete

PeterH
07-06-2007, 04:38 AM
Hi,

did you try the 56F8.1 offset yet for recall?

Best rgds

Peter

luker22
07-15-2007, 05:24 AM
Hi Peter and other fellow builders,

Yes I finally got around to wiring the six pack annunciators and recall switch and the offset 56F8.1 worked like a charm in activating the recall switch

But I've hit a problem with phidgets and pmsystems....

This weekend I took the opportunity to finish the Capt side sixpack annunciators and recall switch.

Now I'm wiring and testing using Phidgets, PMSystems and FS2Phidgets, but I've hit some problems that some of you may have encountered and have a solution for....

Basically what happens is when a sixpack annunciator (controlled by PMSystems) is lit, then when I press the recall switch, I want all the sixpack annunciators to light up (while the momentary recall switch is pressed), then when released it should light up any annunciators that indicated a problem condition and extinguish all others.

I tried doing this by assigning (using a LED64 Phidget) the various annunciators in the phidgets.txt file used by PMSystems. I then assigned all the annunciators and the recall switch to one common circuit under FS2Phidgets and made it "Push to Test".

So far so good. When I press the recall switch every annunciator lights uphttp://www.mycockpit.org/forums/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif and when I release the switch it all goes dark. That is fine.

BUT when PMSystems is started and the sixpack indicates a problem eg "FLT CONT" when the Yaw damper is turned off for example , and the right annunciator lights up, I then press the recall switch and find that everything lights up as expected but when I release the switch everything goes off including the problem indication "FLT CONT" ...which should remain lit. Now when I turn the Yaw Damper back on and the off to re-light the annunciator, it doesn't work at all... PMSystems loses the plot...and toggling the Yaw damper switch only momentarily lights the "FLT CONT" like for about a microsecond or not at all...

When I operate without using FS2Phidgets however the annunciators work fine though PMSystems however I cannot then get the annunciators to light when pressing the recall switch as happens in the real aircraft http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif as I've lost the ability to assign a circuit via FS2Phidgets...

To me it seems like FS2Phidgets is somehow interfering with the PMSystems logic once the use of the circuit to light all the annunciators is triggered by the recall switch being pressed....

Is there any way around this problem or can I do a similar thing as the circuit function in FS2Phidgets via PMSystems...

Hope to hear from some of you...

Cheers,
Luke<!-- / message -->

PeterH
07-15-2007, 06:00 AM
Hi Luke,
if I understand you correctly you´ve made a Phidget logic to have a "test" button in order to make all lamps light up when pressed.

As I don´t use Phidgets but FSBus I hardly can tell whether this logic may interfere with PMsystems.
May I just make another proposal for the "test button". Just take 6 Diodes and 6 resistors (in series with the diodes in order to limit the current) each one connecting to 1 annunciator lamp (hopefully LED) and use a 2 contact momentary switch which will put + voltage thru one contact to the diodes and via the other contact it activates "reset".

Would that probably solve your problem?

Best rgds

Peter

luker22
07-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Hi Peter and other fellow builders,

I did some further testing by removing FS2Phidgets software out of the loop and just using PMSystems thus forgoing the "test" function...and I finally got it to WORK!!! just through PMSystems. :D

In the logic file for the 737 I find:

if recallswitch then
sixpackfltcontdisp = 0
sixpackhyddisp = 0
....etc
else
sixpackfltcontdisp = sixpackfltcont
sixpackhyddisp = sixpackhyd
....etc
endif

So I found all I had to do was set sixpackflcontdisp, sixpackhyddisp and all other sixpack...disp variables = 1 rather than 0 as in the logic file in the recallswitch code. I also found that I had assigned the wrong variable to my phidget outputs...the non "disp" ones i.e sixpackhyd instead of sixpackhyddisp....

When rectified the above an I tried it....it worked like a charm. Very nice !!!

Cheers,
Luke

PeterH
07-20-2007, 06:36 AM
Hi Luke,

good to hear you´ve got it working.

One question though: in which logic file did you find the recallswitch?

Would like to ammend those changes but can´t find it in Thomas Richter´s 737 logic file (pmsys1051ng. lgc)

Best regards

Peter

luker22
07-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Hi Peter,

The logic can be found in the standard PMSystems 737 logic file. I am running version 106 of PMSystems and the default logic file for the 737 contains the logic.

The file also contains the mastercaution switch logic but to get that to work with the "standard" logic I had to change it to add a flag to indicate when the annunciators were "reset" so that they wouldn't light up again once I released the mastercaution switch (as that is also a momentary switch in my setup), theen pressing the recall switch would recall all the warnings again :)

If you require my code let me know and I'll email it to you.

PM Systems/Thomas Richter no longer support the pmsys1051ng. lgc file. So the recall switch logic has not been added to it.

PeterH
07-22-2007, 12:00 PM
Hi Luke,

understand now as I was searching in the Logic file of Thomas Richter´s 737 overhead.

Would be great if you could mail me your adaptation.

Pse mail to: peter.hein at onlinehome.de

Thanks a very lot in advance.

Best rgds

Peter

luker22
07-25-2007, 07:14 AM
Hi Peter,

I have just sent you an email with my modified B737 PMSystems logic file as requested. Check your email.

Cheers,
Luke

PeterH
07-25-2007, 11:30 AM
Hi Luke,

thanks for reply.
Unfortunately haven´t received any mail yet. A couple of days ago I have sent you a private mail via this forum with my private e-mail address. Did you mail it there?

Best rgds

Peter

luker22
07-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Hi Peter,

I sent the email to: peter.hein@onlinehome.de is that the correct address? If so I can resend to you. Unfortunately I have not received an email from you, but if you want to resend your correct email address to me I can be reached on: luker23@hotmail.com

Cheers,
Luke

Brian
07-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Hello,
just doing some work on the logic file and the recall function is working like the real thing...
It is a modification of the Pm 737 file...
Please try...
Standing by for any inputs...
brian

Brian
07-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Hello,
following the logic files...

Brian
07-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Sorry,
just trying uploading some files but without success.
For more information please contact me directly...
brianbrn666@aol.com
Brian

carlos hermida
09-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Hi Brian,

Could you send me this modification files to carloshermida@globo.com