PDA

View Full Version : Avionics sound

sas550
06-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Hi! I'm using the PMDG 737-800 together with PM software.

I have disabled the pmdg panel by removed the panel alias. Is there a way to still have the pmdg panel sounds working?

I don't get any sound when I select battery on. Neither does the avionics gives me any sound though it's enabled in pmsounds.

I seem to remember there was some merge between pmsoftware and pmdg that when installed gave me the option to select a project magenta 737 in FS aircraft list.

Any ideas?

NicD
06-01-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm pretty sure that you lose most PMDG internal sounds with the panels. I use PM sounds software instead. It's customisable but not exactly intuitive to program. Most things work ok as it comes though ... but I'll check on the battery function.

Got it running on two PCs to two seperate speaker systems - #1 for GPWS/TCAS and overhead fan noises (ceiling speakers), and #2 for roll, bump and wind noises (front/under-floor speakers).

I've removed some of the PMDG external sounds as well, so as not to double up with some PM sounds.

I've also used some PMDG sounds to replace some PM sounds. Just look for the equivalent WAV file in PM sounds, rename your PMDG sound to match that file name, then copy it over the top of the PM sound.

sas550
06-01-2007, 11:55 PM
Tnx for your answer.

What trigger your overhead fan sound and how is it configured? Sounds as if it's what i'm looking for.

sas550
06-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Hmm turned out that my pmsounds inst was an old version. It was quite easy to edit the files. Tnx Anyway.

Jackpilot
06-02-2007, 09:33 AM
THE SOUND OF RECIRCULATING FANS IS EASY TO GET REAL
Just insert one or several computer fans in real ducts and wire the overhead fan switch.
You will get the sound and ..fresh air!

sas550
06-02-2007, 09:54 AM
:D Good idea!!