PDA

View Full Version : New Tutorial Series: Need Help

AndyT
05-28-2007, 02:06 AM
After seeing a few builders that have the same kinds of questions, I decided to write a few short tutorials that cover very basic electronics. The kind of stuff you need to know to build your sim. The first one is on switches and I'm close to being done with it. I plan on doing circut boards next.

If any of you are into the 3D graphics, I just dont have that kind of time and I would appreciate some nice graphics to go along with the text. Just email or YIM me for details.

YIM = AndyTulenko

AndyT
05-30-2007, 09:25 PM
No offers huh? I guess it will be my cruddy drawings then.

Trevor Hale
05-31-2007, 11:43 AM
ROFL Andy.... Guess nobody here wants to share they Crayola drawings :)

Matt Olieman
05-31-2007, 11:58 AM
I can help with 2D but 3D.... kinda rusty:roll:

Paul G
06-03-2007, 04:27 PM
I can help with 3D if you mean 2D with depth. If you're thinking visualizations of insides of cockpits, I'm not so sure. Best to give me/us a list and I'll tackle what I feel comfortable with.

Paul

AndyT
06-03-2007, 06:41 PM
First off, I need to apologise for not responding sooner. I've been under seige from a nasty headcold the last few days and I've not gotten anymore done on the tutorial. (Sorry Radar, I know you were waiting) Hopefully the fact that I can walk again is good news and I'll soon be at it again pounding out the words.

I said 3D but I guess 2D with depth would be fine. I need pictures of the internal workings of switches. As soon as I can I'll add one I made to this thread so you get the idea of what I'm looking for. These do not have to be 100% accurate. I prefer simplified versions actually since the whole purpose is to make it easier to understand.

Paul G
06-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Simplified works for me. Provided it can be done with a 2D tool like illustrator, then shouldn't be a problem. But I look forward to your sample to get an idea.

AndyT
06-10-2007, 01:58 AM
Just saw the Doctor today (Sat) and I'm still quite ill. But, good news (sorta) here are the samples I made to give you guys some ideas of what I need.

AndyT
06-24-2007, 03:19 AM
The more I try and find time to work on this the more I get pulled away. So I'm going to post what I have and maybe something will happen to let it get finished.

======================================================