PDA

View Full Version : Wirering

Radar
05-11-2007, 01:52 PM
:p Hi,Yall.

I.m ready to wire my yokes. What would I need for wirers.

737NG. 2 trim left hand, 1 auto pilot disc left hand. What would be on the right hand.

I have red ,black, and green wires.

Any help here would be appreciated. I know nothing about this at all.

THKS Mikehttp://www.thefreeemoticons.info/images/faces/bigw.gif

Bob Reed
05-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Hey Radar. How are you? Need a little more info. What kind of yokes? What kind of interface? As far as wire is concerned there is no real right or wrong. I use a lot of Cat5 network cable in my sim.

Michael Carter
05-11-2007, 02:13 PM
I can supply the wiring diagram for Boeing yokes. The Captain's yoke has nothing on the right side except the lighted trip reminder.

Just the opposite for the FO's side.

Radar
05-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Hey Radar. How are you? Need a little more info. What kind of yokes? What kind of interface? As far as wire is concerned there is no real right or wrong. I use a lot of Cat5 network cable in my sim.

It's all coming along good BOB. I'm hacking a joystic because I cant afford anything else right now. Theres 5 or 6 small gauge wires in it. I thought I could wire that and also includ some other wirers like you say cat 5 . Put that all in the yoke (made off wood.} before I paint them. That way I would have the needed wires there for what ever interface I go with.

:p Yes Skunk
Please show me this info . Thank you vey mush guys

Bob Reed
05-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Yes you can wire into the "control" board of an old joystick. Just add the wires as you said. You can add as many switches as the joystick had as well. Are you ready to take more pictures?

Radar
05-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Yes you can wire into the "control" board of an old joystick. Just add the wires as you said. You can add as many switches as the joystick had as well. Are you ready to take more pictures?

Cool Bob. Can I link different gauge wires together? The joy stick is realy small gauge and I have 20 gauge?

Pictures coming soon.

I'm off to work. See you later.

Bob Reed
05-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Cool Bob. Can I link different gauge wires together? The joy stick is realy small gauge and I have 20 gauge?

Pictures coming soon.

I'm off to work. See you later.

For what we are doing it will not hurt anything.

Michael Carter
05-11-2007, 09:45 PM
You will not need the Boeing wiring diagrams for what you are doing. I thought maybe you had a Boeing yoke.

Let us know how it works out.

Radar
05-13-2007, 08:41 PM
cool . Pics to come soon. Thanks for the help:p