PDA

View Full Version : New project on the way ...

aviaparts
05-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Hi Guy's,

I have had a few mails about people asking where my website went ... so here it is. I have decided to sell my simulator (yes I know I am crazy ;-)
The reason for this is that I am flying GA in real life and I would like to build a simulator of the plane I actually fly, so it will be a single engine prop. It will be a new challenge muting from Boeing to GA.

I have a new little website about the pit being for sale, there you can still see some pictures and a few video's.

So from now on I will be one of the "little" guy's in the forum ...

Westozy
05-10-2007, 06:22 PM
That's a shame Marnix, are you sure? I too went through the GA trip and eventually got my pilot's licence. It was a wonderful journey but paying $200 for an hour in a 30 year old Cessna soon wears off and puts you back on the ground!
That's the main reason that I built a simulator.
Gwyn

AndyT
05-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Well that's why you go the extra mile and get your commercial ticket so you can stay in the air!

dodiano
05-11-2007, 12:23 AM
That is excellent News Marnix you getting to fly GA! And also that youŽll stick around with us in the Forums!!

Have fun!

Roberto

Michael Carter
05-11-2007, 12:38 AM
Just watch out for the wake turbulence! :D

whoispankaj
05-11-2007, 12:43 AM
Am shocked...:roll: But why sell your simulator..You can still keep it and build the new one..It takes a lot of efforts to build a new one and at any point of time you feel that you wanna build back the 737 sim its going to be painful...And from your site it seems that it is built from original 737 parts...Are you sure the next time you want to build it you will get the original parts once again....

My suggestion would be to still keep the 737 sim....Build the GA on top of the 737 but dont sell it....

aviaparts
05-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Well it all started about 10 years back when I got my lycence to fly, after a few years I figured that as it is quit expensive, I would be happy with only a simulator. Now a lot of years further, and my licence being valuable for only a few months, I have to admit that with all I have invested in the sim, I could have flown for years ... and I am starting to miss the real adrenaline ;-)
So I made a compromise, with myself ...

turbopropdriver
05-14-2007, 04:25 PM
A few thoughts spring to mind.

I, too got my licence a few years ago and found that the cost and difficulty of keeping flying drove me towards my simulator.

I think that it is doubtful that you will ever get your money back on simulator, that is something that you have probably already thought about.

Also, why not consider something in between a small GA sim and a glass airliner? Sounds like my previous Queenair or something similar might have been ideal.

Anyway, whatever you decide, good luck :)

Dean

aviaparts
05-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Hi,

It is not really about getting money back, I figure that if my sim is sold, I will have enough fundings to build my new one (i hope ;-)
And regarding real flying, they just bought a diesel airplane in the club, will save a few euro's per hour ;-)

nricky
06-13-2007, 07:49 AM
Hi Marnix

you have mail and a PN from me. Regarding the sale for you Boeing 737 Flight sim.

Cheers
Norbet from Germany