PDA

View Full Version : Hispapanels

garyk007
05-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Hi all

I need to know if anyone has used or seen the Hispapanels.

I am thinking of getting the Nav and Comm panels and the MCP panel for my 737NG.

If you have them installed please let me know if you can backlight them.
Also pics would be great.

Cheers

paulj
05-03-2007, 02:16 AM
Hi again Gary
Yes I've been looking at getting some of their panels.
Yes they can be backlit,you will have to work out how you want to do that yourself though.
Here is a link showing how to create an MCP using their panel
http://personales.ya.com/micabina737/paneles/mip/mcp/mcp1i.htm
Bit more work required than buying a plug and play MCP from FDS or GoFlight but probably a lot cheaper too.
cheers
Paul

Trevor Hale
05-03-2007, 07:19 AM
Biggest problem, I was told that they cannot ship anything out of their country though. Does anyone know if this has been changed?

paulj
05-03-2007, 07:28 AM
Hi Trev,
No that's not correct. They are located in Spain (same as Open Cockpits)
Here is a link to their products page.
http://www.hispapanels.com/tienda/index.php

cheers
Paul

paulj
05-03-2007, 07:38 AM
Just something else that I've remembered. I think their panels are a slightly different size to FDS or Engravity etc.
If you were mixing them on a pedestal or overhead you may notice it.
For example on their webpage for the display unit panel they say 120x66mm
I have an FDS panel and it's 117x66mm (not much difference) but it might just be enough if you have already got the mip cut out.

Paul

Trevor Hale
05-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Paul,

Thats awesome news. Thanks for that. I liked some of their panels.

dnoize
05-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Biggest problem, I was told that they cannot ship anything out of their country though. Does anyone know if this has been changed?

Thats Hesimpanels from brasil......

QF6228
05-04-2007, 06:53 AM
I have there FMC template and it looks fantastic.
Damien

Bob Reed
05-04-2007, 08:04 AM
I have there FMC template and it looks fantastic.
Damien

This is good news for me! i will be ording there FMC.....

paulj
05-04-2007, 08:19 AM
I think I will be too.
Just out of interest Damien,can you remember how much the postage to Aust was?
How long between ordering and receiving the panel?
cheers
Paul

QF6228
05-04-2007, 08:44 AM
This is good news for me! i will be ording there FMC.....

Its worth it, and work's very well with the marius's PCB i will be uploading some pictures of my FMC soon i'll let you know when its done.

Damien:cool:

Bob Reed
05-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Its worth it, and work's very well with the marius's PCB i will be uploading some pictures of my FMC soon i'll let you know when its done.

Damien:cool:

Well I have pretty much made up my mind anyways but pics are always nice!!

garyk007
05-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Are we still talking about the Hispapanels?

Who is Marius and what PCB?

Sorry if this is a dumb question?

Is the PCB compatible with IO cards? if so where can I get one?

So many questions.

Speaking of LOST. There is a perfectly good DC10 cockpit lying in the jungle some where. Now if I could only find that island.

Cheers

paulj
05-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Gary,
Damien is referring to a guy living in Melbourne who has designed and made a pcb for use with an Open Cockpit's keyboard encoder card that will work for making your own cdu.
To make your own cdu all you would need is the keybord card, the pcb, a PS1 screen, a Hispanel cdu panel and some pushbutton keys.
Marius is selling the pcb for Au$130 including postage(note to International buyers he sells for Euros 90 including postage)
Here is a link to his webpage
http://www.stormloader.com/users/marius/cdu.htm
Looks like a cost effective way of getting a cdu
cheers
Paul

QF6228
05-04-2007, 08:53 PM
I think I will be too.
Just out of interest Damien,can you remember how much the postage to Aust was?
How long between ordering and receiving the panel?
cheers
Paul

About 1 month or there abouts, i cant even remeber how he charged for postage, sorry paul

Damien

tiburon
07-11-2007, 06:16 AM
Hi,

I'm building their MCP. The panel looks great. For backlighting and components, I will make the pcb's myself. There's a .jpg of the pcb's on Manolo's site but it's a bit fuzzy, so I redrew it.
I also ordered all the components but I am still waiting for the displays (< 2 months). Also the website has been down for the last couple days, anybody knows anything about that ?

AndyT
07-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Gary,
I live on that island and still cant get close to that cockpit. :D

dogtanian
12-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Hi

I bought a Hispa MCP panel and then got an electronics friend of mine to design a PCB for it. It was a lot of hard work! I got three made in China, I have one left if anyone is interested.

It can backlight the panel and also there are some extra connections, of which we used one to power a solenoid to disengage the A/T. Uses standard 7-segs, LEDs, CTS288 and pin headers. In theory you could connect it to the interface system of your choice, I used the Open Cockpits IO cards.

I used SIOC but really it needs Project Magenta for all modes to work properly. The way the Open Cockpits MCP works with PMDG etc as I understand it is by using a keyboard emulator.

Looking for £40 plus postage, can accept PayPal. Please contact me if you want a photo of the PCB.

Thanks

Darrin

tiburon
12-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Hi Darrin,

I would be very interested to see the solenoid construction for the autothrottle. Is there a possibility to post some pictures of it ?

cheers

Martin