PDA

View Full Version : Yoke Problem Solved

Michael Carter
04-24-2007, 11:27 PM
I got the aileron issues fixed on my Boeing yoke. Seems I had the gearing backwards. Not having ever used gears before, I took a short read-up on the internet.

Instead of having the big ring gear on the yoke shaft and the small one on the pot, I have installed the small one on the end of the yoke shaft and a piece of a larger one on the pot.

Works great. I also changed out the elevator pot mount and used one of the pot arms from my K-balled CH yoke. The pot arm used to be one of the control levers on the CH yoke.

I flew my first revenue flight for Air France in a month this afternoon. The aircraft handled great with the new yoke.

whoispankaj
04-25-2007, 01:12 PM
If possible, could you please post the link here which you referred for the gears stuff..It would be helpful for newbie like me...Thank You...
And congratulations for solving the yoke problem..Looks like you are having fun...Keep up the good work...

Michael Carter
04-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Hi, I didn't buy the gears. They came from a scrapped out power antenna assembly for an auto.

But, here is a link I would have used if I needed to buy them: http://www.servolink.com/default.asp